Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

NECA's line for Harry Potter!!

Alright, finally, after much delay and anguish for HP collectors, NECA has finally released pics of their first wave of the "Harry Potter" action figure line (It's in the current Toyfare issue, out today!) They look pretty terrific. The first wave consists of two death eaters, dementor, Voldemort, and a Tri-Wizard Harry. Due out Spring!

Thoughts? comments?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dementva2.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	14950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voldwr2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	14951  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Wow! Those look great! Now I might actually get my Professor Snape that actually looks like Alan Rickman.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I might have to get that Voldemort.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

They look like they'll be statues, which is fine anyway. I may get Voldemort and a Dementor, but I don't really like the design of the Death Eater in the film (too much like a dunce cap).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Toyfare has press shots up for those figures and Harry. linky! :http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../002992279.cfm

Lookin' awesome. I'm heading out to pick up that Toyfare right now.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

holey carp!

those look awesome. looks like i'll be saving even less money...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Also not shown online that are in the issue are prototypes of Hermione and Ron from "Order of the Phoenix". I foresee that this will be just like Neca's POTC line. They'll be in Hot Topics everywhere, because emo chicks dig Gary Oldman...and Dementors. But if Neca wants to see even more sales, they should distribute this line to Toys R Us, Target, Wal Mart. I know they never do that, but it's Harry Potter. And especially since Sam Goody, Tower Records and Suncoast closed down, Hot Topic and comic shops seem to be the only places left to find Neca figures.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

that's true, i hadn't thought about the distribution problems with their main avenues out of business. i guess that's why i actually saw the mezco hellboy figures at TRU the other day - i hadn't even put two and two together. i just hate to think of NECA products showing up in wally world, though... it just makes it all seem so... pedestian. there was something cool and anti-mainstream about them. maybe they'll just bank on e-tailers and forego brick 'n' mortar all together.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Harry's lightning scar is backwards (it should be a Z, not an S) . . . but he still looks pretty great. Hopefully he and Voldemort have shooting light things, since that would be totally killer.

Hagrid and Fang look sweet as hell!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

these do look amazing. will have to get a few of the dementors. Hagrid look cool, not to crazy about the Harry would rather have seen a regular Hogwarts version . The triwizard version is cool but still I want the regular characters in their school uniforms. will have to pick up this issue of toyfare to see the proto's for the others.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks