Since when do Transformers have lightsabers?

I haven't kept up or anything obviously, but I was flipping through here, and there was a episode of Transformers, so I stopped to watch, and one of them had something that looked like a blue lightsaber. ?????
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Since The Transformers: The Movie, where Hot Rod trains on the starship in a blatant ripoff of the scene with Luke training on the Falcon in ANH.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Boy, that was a while ago, how'd that one slip by me?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

It's not a lightsaber, it's just artistic license. You see, there is a team of minicon jets (mini-transformers who aren't faction-oriented) that merge to form the Star Saber. The toy is just 3 jets, the bottom being a handle and the other 2 forming the blade, but the show animators put a huge energy beam around the blade jets and then reshaped it to make it more interesting I guess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Since they decided to make the Transformers really wimpy.

"Oh we don't want anything to happen to you kids............"
    But letting the Decepticons gain more power so they might eventually wipe out the entire population of the earth doesn't take priority. I wish someone would kill them kids so the Autobots could kick some major metal hitch.

And what's with that transporter?????
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!