Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: 'Fess up! Who's watching American Idol?

Got thru and voted multiple times last night.

The songs written for the winner were awful! The songs were written for a rocker-type like Bo in mind.

Bo and Carrie are both going to end up with record contracts.

Did ya happen to notice Clive Davis essentially offered Bo a contract last week? It's just down to tonight's results to see how lucrative the contract will be for Mr Bice.

I thought Carrie showed her true colors when working with previously unheard songs. She's nothing more than a mimick, and screwed up both songs.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If they were both smart, they'd get a good lawyer to get them out of their iron-clad contracts with the AI management company. That's what Clay did.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    If they were both smart, they'd get a good lawyer to get them out of their iron-clad contracts with the AI management company. That's what Clay did.
    And just look at Clay's runaway success now!! Wasn't that Christmas special he did with Barry Manilow the most awesomest?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Point taken, but he and Kelly (who's out of her contract and distanced herself from AI) are the two you hear the most about.

Aside from his horrible career choices, he and Kelly are the two most talented of all the top two winners from the previous seasons.

Diana and Ruben were just a little bit bland.

Justin was outright horrific.

Fantasia. . . well, let's just say I don't want to be her when she dies and Billie Holliday and Janis Joplin take turns kicking her arse for her nauseating version of "Summertime."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Last night's finale: 95 percent fluff, 5 percent substance.

I was a little surprised at the ending. I voted for Carrie, but expected Bo to win.

It got interesting during the all-star singing segment in the last hour.

Did anyone notice that Mikalah, the Fran Drescher wannabe from Vegas, was trying to be the star of the show?

I'd like to be there when Janis and Billie get their hands on Fantasia, El Chuxter.

Unbelievable. I know they'll both be offered lucrative contracts and such, but I really do believe that Bo is 20x better than Carrie. At the very least, he doesn't look like he's about to s**t himself in fear everytime he takes the stage, unlike Carrie. Whatever......
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

You can vote as many times as you want, but you'll only buy one copy of the CD. We'll see what the real numbers are in a few months.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Aside from his horrible career choices, he and Kelly are the two most talented of all the top two winners from the previous seasons.

Diana and Ruben were just a little bit bland.

Justin was outright horrific.

Fantasia. . . well, let's just say I don't want to be her when she dies and Billie Holliday and Janis Joplin take turns kicking her arse for her nauseating version of "Summertime."
    Justin was/is a loser.

Ruben is more of an R&B/Gospel singer so he didnt have a difficult time gaining credibility like Kelly did.

Fantasia is an R&B singer, she put out a song for babys mommas: "B-A-B-Y M-A-M-A this goes out to all my babys mommas ive got love for all my babys mommas" or something like that. I dont care too much for her.

So who won? I dont watch the show but know the ending was coming. I was glad to see the rocker type dude still in the competition, its a nice change from the past R&B winners and helps give the show some credibility.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay