Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Dawn of the Dead: the figures!

Greetings to one and all!! Found this today on figures.com and thought i'd share it, since i knew there are a few other fans of the "Living Dead" films. Anyway, to those who aren't aware: a small line of figures from "Dawn of the Dead" were released a few years back and due to.....luck? They're being re-released. Here is the link:

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=165

I just ordered mine from my local comic book shop a bit ago. Glad to see they're coming back!!! If even for a short while!!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 01-31-2003 at 07:43 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I thought I was a big fan of the films and I didn't know about these ever being originally released. Consider them very close to being ordered for me as well. Sure, they look a little funny....but it's Tom Savini in plastic for me to stare at many hours a day!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I remember those! I had a chance to pick them up when they first came out and I passed on them. Then, I recently saw a set on ebay that went for over $100, which made me ill.

The main complaint I had about the set then and now is where are Peter, Roger (both "versions"), and Francine?! Well, I guess any set is better than nothing. I'm still hoping that McFarlane would tackle Dawn as a Movie Maniacs line.

Guyute,

Did you hear that Romero is supposedly going to make the fourth film, Dead Reckoning? I hope that sees the light of day before the mound of dung Dawn remake from the "writer" of Scooby Doo.

WedgeA- Unfortunately, my good fellow fan James Boba Fettfield brought it to my attention the deal with FOX fell through. I guess good ole' George doesn't want FOX to have much say in the process of the film, so they dropped him. Hopefully, it'll get released sometime though. Romero is trying to self finance it, which would be great cause it would be done to his terms.

As for more Living Dead figures, i had a talk with the dude at my local shop when i was ordering them and we both agreed McFarlane should do a line of figures from all three movies. He could easily do a few figures from each movie and be done with it. I'd also want a peter figure and both versions of Rog. Poor poor Roger. Maybe his living dead version could come with that wheelbarrow, that can of whatever he ate in that shop and that silly hat!! oh, the possibilites.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Those McFarlane toy ideas sound cool. I can just see the Night figures being done in glorious black and white. I honestly would love to see the likes of those films being brought to the world of plastic. Just imagine it, there would finally be toys of Peter and Ben and we could act out who the ultimate dead killer (oxymoron) really is!

hehehehe Dude, seriouly, the mere idea of the figures from NOTLD being put into black and white, just makes me salivate at the mouth. I need to remember to put a bib on before i start toy discussions!

However, I think for what Ben had to deal with, he did a pretty good job. Peter was just the man though. I still love it when he darn near makes Stephen poop his drawers at the fueling station. Oh, imagine a fueling station playset. It could come with the two "lil' zombies" and a helicopter. Imagine the variants too. You could do a "SWAT Peter" and a "Waiter Peter" too. Nah, those would suck. Give me basic few figures and i'd be more than content.

But what about the guy with the long forehead who decides to step on those crates by the helicopter? You would have to include him in that set, too. As for the dead world, I'd love to see a toy of the dead guy you first see in Day of the Dead. You know which one I am talking about. The first time I saw that movie, that was the image that stuck with me.

JBF- Yeah, i know who you speak of in Day.

Speaking of which....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1&category=348

(sigh) also, you notice when it comes to zombie-esque discussions, we're nearly the only posters? I don't get it!

I noticed. Once we start saying names like Ben, Peter, Roger, and such people seem to run off and not discuss the movies anymore. Or maybe people just don't take the movies seriously? I don't know. Next time I'll tell you all how I discovered the movie Dawn of the Dead, it's a very bad story. That's a nice auction going on there by the way.

Dawn of the Dead is the one with the Smurfs, right JBF?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection