Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    mabudon, you are the only other person I know who doesn't like anything off Load or Reload besides me. I kinda gave up after Load, I was never a superfan and that one just didn't do it for me... my grandmother likes it the best of all their albums though, no lie! She likes polish though while I prefer a balance between polish and raw (I'm somewhat anti-concert and anti-live-album).

EP, that's an interesting analogy, AJFA to DSOTM, and a year ago I would have agreed with you totally, but recently I dusted off AJFA and some of it feels like they're faking complexity, instead of making one complex song with a lot of changes it's just 1 song merged with or surrounding the other. Dark Side is really just an hour-long song to me.

The black album at least reminds me of Van Halen in a way, I guess the "selling out" way. But it's still a strong album IMO simply because it does work so well as a huge change from earlier Metallica. But what do I know, I don't play any musical instrument and rarely listen to music at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah the black album was quite a departure at the time but I really like what they did with it. My favorite song of all time is Nothing Else Matters which looking back on it's not too much like Metallica's style IMO. Have you heard the Elevator Version of Nothing Else Matters? Man, that would have been too much to handle as a Metallica fan.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

JT- hmmmmm, could it be the orange/green vision thing that makes us agree on load/reload too??

Anyways, glad that we have open minded types here, I have been kicked out of metallica fan buddies houses for concisely criticizing the canon.....
    ExP- the guitar and bass backbone of "17" is outright AWESOME!!! Winger weren't much, but they had some fun rockers (the A.M. power ballads are what killed em, IMO), I have a couple winger albums in my collection....

In reference to the press release, I just gotta say that that's the one big plus in my area, if something is coming to Canada, it'll come to Toronto, and that's an hour away... WoooHoooo!!! (Although the only concerts I'm looking forward to enough to attend would be Anvil, Dio or MANOWAR, who are the very BEST!!)

And just to throw another metal ingredient into this mix, what about "Grim Reaper", ever hear them?? Totally crazy speedy metal, nutty vocals, they were awesome, and available in bargain bins everywhere, pick em up if ya see em....

Oh, and anyone here like XentriX, they sound like early metallica/megadeth, I have a couple albums and they were pretty darn great too....
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! \m/ \m/
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Grim Reaper?!?! Oh man, your killing me. Those guys provided a pretty steady stream of video material for Beavis and Butthead over the years. I don't own any of there stuff but my old roommate did and it was hilarious to listen to. Your right, they are bargain bin filler all over the world right now.

I am soooo going to the L.A. show! I hope they add dates to their tour like San Diego!

I wouldn't sell my L.A. tickets then, but I'd go twice!

Linkin Park is constantly played in my CD player and hasn't left my the changer in my truck for a year!

"It's like I'm paranoid, always lookin' over my back," - thinkin' one day while I'm driving, I'm gonna be missin' those tracks!!!

so

"Do you feel what I feel?" An addicition while driving my truck. Sounds are blaring loud....

ok, I'll stop trying to bend song lyrics while I'm ahead...(I'm posting in a hurry anyway) but I've had some of my best times at Metallica concerts, and with Linkin Park with them - there you go!

I have to confess to not knowing what is and is not Limp Bizcut's music well enough to say if I like them, or don't. They're popular enough that they must have some redeeming qualities, so maybe I'll enjoy it. As a Queensryche fan, I don't need what's popular. I'll like what's good.

"Seeking no [the] truth, winning is all, [rocking so long, so hard, so real] Justice is Done!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    As a Queensryche fan, I don't need what's popular. I'll like what's good.
    So you can pass on Limp Bizkit then.

Forgive me if this is old news, but don't make no plans for June 10.

St. Anger

Arrrrrgh!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know, as soon as I saw that in their press release for the tour I was excited. I cannot wait to get ahold of Street Anger*!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Is it Street Anger or Saint Anger? I initially read that as Saint but I could be wrong.

It's Saint. I said street because in a video I watched from the conference yesterday, Hetfield wrote the name on a napkin and showed it to the camera and commented on the name by saying stuff like, "The albums name is Street Anger," and then Kirk said something like, "No, no it's Stanger." But yeah, it's supposed to be saint.
    Back and more bearded than ever before