Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
    I've also seen bands perform in "the rounds" before and cordone off everything greater than a 180 degree angle behind them.

Def Leppard handled "a round" well with a rotating drum stage.

Maybe if Lars goes for that, it'd be OK, but still, the seats they had available were not that good. In any case, if I change my mind tomorrow, I'm sure the same kind of crappy seats will still be available.

Who wants to sit a mile away from the stage? With a circle stage set up (four times the people) you get the up close feel (sure you get some back of head shots as well).

No the seats that are available for Metallica in the Honda Center (Anaheim, CA) are pretty far back. I still might buy and go. The show's not until December 10.

I'm not sure. I know it's not a priority for me at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I've also seen bands perform in "the rounds" before and cordone off everything greater than a 180 degree angle behind them.

Def Leppard handled "a round" well with a rotating drum stage.

Maybe if Lars goes for that, it'd be OK, but still, the seats they had available were not that good. In any case, if I change my mind tomorrow,
    During the Madly In Anger With The World Tour ie. when they supported St. Anger the entire stage rotated. Every 5-6 songs the stage turned 1/4, so by the end of the set the stage (and Lars) made a complete circle.

While on tour for the Black album and Load Lars had two drum sets one on each end of the stage.

I saw the Load tour on a one-sided stage venue though. I really appreciated that as I wasn't looking at their backs (as if they were performing for someone else).

I don't know.

There is the Ship Rocked Caribbean cruise in November with Queensryche headlining. Tesla and Skid Row are also featured with two less known bands.

Skid Row will not have Sebastian Bach though (of course). I wonder what they play? I went to see Sebastian Bach solo and met him and partied with him some years ago. He's a cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    But who wants to look at the back of Lars' head?
    James Hettfield?

BTW, the term is "in the round".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ere is the Ship Rocked Caribbean cruise in November with Queensryche headlining. Tesla and Skid Row are also featured with two less known bands.
    Just so I'm following you correctly here Tycho, there is a cruise and those three bands are playing on the ship during the cruise?!?!?!?!?!

Oh man, I can't wait to tell my mom about those bands on a cruise together.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes. You got that "ryche."

That HAS to be the crustiest thing I have EVER heard of in my life.