Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now I know why the stereo type is "The Stupid Fat Guy"

THIS IS A MEDICAL REPORT
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want to Be More Mentally Alert? Do This

Exercise.

If losing weight and getting fit aren't reasons enough to start exercising, maybe this will do it.
    Researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have concluded that three key
    areas of the brain that are adversely affected by aging show the greatest benefit when a
    person stays physically fit. The proof is visible in the brain scans of 55 volunteers over age

This study is the first to confirm a link between exercise and changes in the brain, according
    to a news release issued by the university. Of course, the idea that fitness makes us more
    alert as we age is not new. Previous studies have shown that exercise actually improves the
    problem-solving ability of older folks. But this study, which was published in the February
    issue of the Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, is the first to show anatomical
    differences in gray and white matter between physically fit and less fit aging human beings.

Gray matter consists of thin layers of tissue of cell bodies, such as neurons and support cells,
    that are critically involved in learning and memory. White matter is the myelin sheath
    containing the nerve fibers that transmit signals throughout the brain. Lead author Arthur F.
    Kramer explained that as we age--and this starts at just 30 years old!--these tissues shrink in
    a pattern closely matched by declines in cognitive performance.

"We found differences in three areas of the brain, the frontal, temporal and parietal
    cortexes," Kramer said. "There were very distinct differences particularly in two types of
    tissue, the gray matter and white matter. Nobody has reported this before."

The takeaway? Exercise slows brain decline. For the greatest benefit, do a combination of
    aerobic and strength training for more than 30 minutes a day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHen I was losing weight from taking Ephedrine pills from GNC, I felt incredible. My mind was as sharp as a razorblade and I didn't have alot of the dibilitating emotional breakdowns that I was having. However I had to stop taking those and I gained back alot of weight because Ephedrine is very dangerous to take especially if you have heart problems like I do.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Interesting report. I exercise everyday, but I don't feel that smart!
    Is there a link to this from an original site or something? My wife would like to print this for a school assignment, but she needs the original.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

It was on CNN Health I believe. It may have been connected to MSN or the AOL Instant Messenger pages.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah - that ephedrine is not the way to go, Scruff. I was all antsy about losing some poundage getting ready for police college and was using that too. Made me feel like crap - like I'd had WAY too much coffee, and sick to my stomach. Us big guys really need to get a grip on what's healthy as opposed to what's "desirable" - especially when "desirable" may not be within our genetic capabilities.

Right now Im carrying about 30 pounds more than my "ideal" weight (according to those brilliant charts that don't take into consideration your frame size, muscle/fat ratio, etc), but I feel mostly fine, although somewhat discouraged about my waist size. My blood test for my periodic medical just came back, and all's well with the cholesterol, so I know my diet is not so far gone that Im damaging my health. I've given up on pursuit of the "Muscle and Fitness" body. Healthy = Happy from now on, and Im not going to stress about it any more either. As long as I can safely do my job and play the sports I like, that's gonna be good enough.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I had taken Stacker 2 while on the Adkins diet about 2 years ago. I lost about 50 lbs. in 2 months between the 2. Then all this talk of ephedrine being unhealthy surfaced. I always felt hopped up on them. They might be a quick fix but death is not an option. I have put some weight back on since I have stopped taking them. I really do not do normal exercises but chasing kids around all day is workout enough for anyone I think. I am thinking of taking stackers without the ephedria in them, maybe a similar esult will occur without feeling like I sniffed a mountain of drugs.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I tried taking ones without the ephedrine but it is just not the same, they didn't do anything for me.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the tip. My wife also purchased Slimbuterol off of a website. I don't know if I could post it or not but if you want it I can email you or PM you with it. It has alot of diet stuff and has reviews of all products. I took them once and it felt like stackers w/out ephedria in them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Those pills are not usually monitored by the proper authorities as they are not medical drugs if you buy them at GNC. Id be very cautious about what was going into my body if I was you. Fat beats sick any day of the week.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by jjreason
    Those pills are not usually monitored by the proper authorities as they are not medical drugs if you buy them at GNC. Id be very cautious about what was going into my body if I was you. Fat beats sick any day of the week.
    Or dead for that matter.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

That it does.