Thread: Finally....Orko

Finally....Orko

I had to go thirty minutes out to find him (even though he wasn't a major concern today), but I finally found Orko. Now, that just leaves Mekaneck and I'm done.

I have to say that I'm actually quite pleased with this figure. But please, don't get me wrong. I'm a complainer and I'll always be one . I do have my problems with this. Did anyone expect less?

But it's probably not what you might think. I'm really kinda irked at my Orko's paint job. There isn't enough paint on the ears and there are some red blotches showing through. Either that or the red from the hat has rubbed off. In either case, it kinda sucks (for a lack of a better word ). It's okay, but lately I've been having some problems with paint jobs...

The other thing I don't like is that you cannot remove him from his stand - or at least, I don't think you can (I didn't try pulling very hard for fear of breaking it). You see, he is "hovering" on a blue plastic stand. And I know that in the cartoon that he floats, but sometimes he's closer to the ground. And it would be reminiscent of the 80's version that was always touching the ground and could race across the floor

Other than that, I have no problems. It's a bit "pre-posed" because it looks like his knee is coming up through his cloak, but that's okay - it looks fine. It's an awesome sculpt. And it's got some nice articulation on it.
    The action feature in no way affects the figure as it is something seperate: some kind of blue cloud that fires an enegery ball. It's crap, but I don't have to use it , so I'm happy about that.

I actually think this would have been perfect if the cloak had been sculpted to fall flat (but I guess the 4 Horsemen had to put detail in someplace - Orko's kinda plain, I guess) and they had given him a clear stand.
    All in all, not bad and I wish I could say the same for the rest of the line. Would anyone recommend just adding a little extra paint on his ears?

Now, who wants a peice of me because I like Orko? C'mon, bring it!

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Which one did you get, is the only question. The one with the gold wand and amulet or the one with the silver wand and amulet?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Which one did you get, is the only question. The one with the gold wand and amulet or the one with the silver wand and amulet?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I got the gold one. Why, is there a big difference? I'll kick myself if I got the "crappier" one .

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Gold one is the first version, and the more cartoon accurate. The second version has a silver wand, silver amulet, and I think the magic launcher is reddish instead of blueish. I'll see if I can find a picture. It's just a lame color variation to make people buy more then one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Here ya go, luckily I could find one. Silver wand, silver amulet, orange/red launcher, and blue "fireball".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orko variant.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	5149  

This is the first I've heard of this variant, and it looks like crap. Mattel ought to be careful with this variant trend, since it has killed off other toy lines.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

hey man, I like orko. I still have the original on my desk at home.

I like the new look. Looks more like a magic user and a werid creation than before. Looks more mysterious.

I give him 2 thumbs up.

I'll still waiting to get Teela and Mer-Man. Teela was a babe...but I'll stop there before I get myself into trouble.

Is it just me or does Orco remind anyone else of Dopey from Snow White?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.