Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Luke Jedi Knight: The Wait Is Almost Over - Feb. 13th!!

From StarWars.Hasbro.Com:
    Check back on the February 13th to see the next wave of Collection 1 Basic Figures.
    Looks like it won't be much longer, before we finally know what Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight, Darth Vader: Removable Helmet (rumor), and SnowTrooper will look like. I can't wait, so since we know when we'll see them, let's discuss what we're hoping for. Biggest problem I can see, is that there is almost no way the Luke can live up to the anticipation.

Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Death Star II version. Binders, Lightsaber, Tons of Articulation. Hopefully no gimmicks, like Anakin: Secret Ceremony. If they do add one, hopefully it's not that bad, like the one on Luke: Bespin. Would be neat to see them include a soft goods Endor Poncho and Helmet as well. But that will probably get saved for a future figure.

Darth Vader: Return of the Jedi - Hopefully a new to scale version of the POTF2 Removable Helmet Vader. So it needs a 2 piece removable helmet (dome & mask), Lightsaber, Tons of Articulation, Soft plastic or soft goods cape. No gimmicks, unless it's small like the one on the Luke: Bespin. No huge button sticking out his back.

Snowtrooper - Blaster Rifle, Tons of Articulation like the Commtech Stormie. Neck, Arms, Elbows, Waist, Legs. Maybe wrists and knees as well. If he has to have an action feature, make it a quickdraw and put the button in his backpack. Soft plastic cape and facemask so that his head can still turn. Just make him so he looks and can be posed, like the attached photo.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhun...ent.cfm?id=103

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imperial snowtrooper.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	5150  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-05-2003 at 03:10 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hopefully they'll be gimmickless (look at how people are now hyped about wedding Anakin!)

Luke - Jedi outfit with non-molded vest (so with a little work it's removeable, like the Endor Soldier but thinner), cloak, Jabba's Guard blaster, Endor poncho, Endor helmet and plenty of articulation.

Vader - plenty of articulation, soft goods cape, and removeable helmet (as mentioned by JJB).

Snowtrooper - CTC Stormy articulation, except with the ability to hold his blaster with both hands. Soft goods cape (they'd rock if they could kneel and blast), and possibly a blaster rifle just as an extra.

Yeah it's asking for too much considering even Han's gimmickized, they will be too and the articulation and accessorys will be minimal.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

LTBasker, I like the ideas but there is one thing. We've had way to many versions of the Jabba's Palace Luke: Jedi. We haven't gotten a Death Star II version of Luke since 1997 with the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. And that one is action posed, and quite old. And then we have the Vader.

Vader is strongly suggested to be an update of the POTF2 Removable Helmet version. So I'm almost positive that Hasbro would do the Luke to match. Similar to what they did with the recent Bespin Luke and Vader. So you can see why I think they'll do the DSII version. I wouldn't mind a new Jabba's Palace version in a year or so though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-05-2003 at 03:07 AM.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, JJB
    only thing I want to add is a magnet in Luke's and Vader's belt but that has been discussed many times and I don't think that habsro will do it (and luke didn't have his lightsaber hanging from his belt at the ending anyway), so that means I also want a new Luke's ROTJ metal lightsaber
    oh boy, I can't wait for the new pics
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Please please please don;t let this snowtrooper be posed in an extreme position, please don't let it be gimmicked, please don't let it be a hard cape, please don't let it be stupid.

Luke I don't want and Vader had better be good after that Bespin thing and the 25th anni one. Soft goods cape and removable helmet sound like the best to me with a load of articulation.

Feb 13th is my official birthday and I'd hate a disappointment on that day. Somehow though I can feel it in my waters.........

I will be patient and refrain from anticipating the worst. This Luke has to be one of the most anticipated rescuplts in recent memory. I just pray they do a good job with it...

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    LTBasker, I like the ideas but there is one thing. We've had way to many versions of the Jabba's Palace Luke: Jedi. We haven't gotten a Death Star II version of Luke since 1997 with the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. And that one is action posed, and quite old. And then we have the Vader.
    But you see, the removeable vest is what I mean by that. We can have Luke pre-DS and Luke DS all in one figure. They've been doing seperately molded vests/jackets/cloaks lately even if they're not meant to be removeable you can still do that. All the latest Hans, Rebel Trooper, Endor Soldier, and Nikto Jedi's Cloak. I don't think they're all or even most meant to be removeable with the right articulation you can take off the vest/jacket/cloak with no trouble like the Endor Soldier. So since the vest would just be smaller than the Rebel Trooper's and wouldn't need the arms to go through sleeves, it wouldn't disrupt ANY articulation that would help Luke be neutral. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by aceguide
    This Luke has to be one of the most anticipated rescuplts in recent memory.
    That's the biggest problem, because it's going to be almost impossible for Hasbro to meet the huge anticipation for this figure. We can hope though.
    Originally posted by LTBasker
    But you see, the removeable vest is what I mean by that. We can have Luke pre-DS and Luke DS all in one figure. They've been doing seperately molded vests/jackets/cloaks lately even if they're not meant to be removeable you can still do that. All the latest Hans, Rebel Trooper, Endor Soldier, and Nikto Jedi's Cloak. I don't think they're all or even most meant to be removeable with the right articulation you can take off the vest/jacket/cloak with no trouble like the Endor Soldier. So since the vest would just be smaller than the Rebel Trooper's and wouldn't need the arms to go through sleeves, it wouldn't disrupt ANY articulation that would help Luke be neutral. :happy:
    I see what you mean, but since the vest is closed it's a bit tough to figure exactly how to do it. I guess they could do it in soft goods with an elastic middle so that it hugs his chest and would also make it easy to slip on and off. I still think it would be best to do the DSII version now, and then in a year or so give us a new Jabba's Palace Luke with vest and cloak.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I can not wait for these figures. Hopefully they will have no gimmicks. I personally want the snowtrooper. I always loved that character. I know it is just a stormtrooper with a different helmet but it looks cool. Darth Vader should be sweet as well as Luke. I hope they dont set them up for the saber fight at the end of the movie though. I would love to see Luke be able to battle Boba on the skiff.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

i just hope they don't screw up the snowtrooper, its one of my favorite characters.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D