Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why did Jango head off to Geonosis?

It didn't seem like Jango had plans to go to Geonosis before Obi-Wan showed up, he seemed to be settling in at his apartment. So after the confrontation with Obi-Wan, he packs up and heads off to Slave I when he's intercepted by the Jedi knight. But why leave and head right for his secretive employer? Couldn't he have simply called Dooku and told him what had happened instead of leading the Jedi right to him?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just going to offer a few suggestions. Maybe Dooku/Tyranus owed him some money. And now with the heat possibly going to be on Kamino, he needed to fallback to a secure safeplace. What's safer then a planet with a huge build-up of the Sepratists forces.

Perhaps he didn't want to send a transmission, due to how easy they seem to be used for connection traces. After all, Maul was able to locate the queen's ship in E1, with the help of the transmission from Sio Bibble.

Jango may have considered the risk of a transmission trace was to high. Plus Kamino and Geonosis appear to be near each other, as Obi-Wan didn't need the hyperdrive ring to follow after them. Plus the movie would have been pretty boring, if that wouldn't have happened.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Why did Jango head off to Geonosis?

Originally posted by JediTricks
    It didn't seem like Jango had plans to go to Geonosis before Obi-Wan showed up, he seemed to be settling in at his apartment. So after the confrontation with Obi-Wan, he packs up and heads off to Slave I when he's intercepted by the Jedi knight. But why leave and head right for his secretive employer? Couldn't he have simply called Dooku and told him what had happened instead of leading the Jedi right to him?
    Maybe it's for the same reason that C-3PO's decapitated body just happens to wander into the conveniently available open space on the battle droid assembly line.

Re: Re: Why did Jango head off to Geonosis?

Originally posted by stillakid
    Maybe it's for the same reason that C-3PO's decapitated body just happens to wander into the conveniently available open space on the battle droid assembly line.
    You mean Jango went to Geonosis, for the same reason that happened? So that Anthony Daniels could finally wield a blaster as C-3PO. Somthing he's wanted to do since filming the original Star Wars. Wow!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Re: Re: Re: Why did Jango head off to Geonosis?

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    You mean Jango went to Geonosis, for the same reason that happened? So that Anthony Daniels could finally wield a blaster as C-3PO. Somthing he's wanted to do since filming the original Star Wars. Wow!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Sort of, I suppose. While I was indeed referring to the "convenient" writing, certainly shoehorning an actor's ambitions into a screenplay despite the lack of logic manages to easily fit that description.

Did Jango know everything about his involvement in the conspiracy?

Was he "confused" by Obi's presence? Kenobi asked about Sifo-Dyas but Jango corrected him by citing Tyrannus as the one who hired Fett. If it were the other way around, I could understand Jango citing someone else to throw off Obi - but to name the actual guy???? (okay, he didn't "name" him by talking about Dooku, but still - Tyrannus is a clandestine name used by him). Well, if Jango really didn't know about all of this Syfo-Dias business, it would make sense to me that he wanted to head to Geonosis to see Dooku/Tyrannus and find out what the heck was really going on. Or maybe he's just a loyal employee who runs off to the boss when there's trouble, thus leading Kenobi straight to Dooku.

The look on Jango's face strikes me as one of puzzlement . . . and I think he's not fully in the loop. What he knows about Dooku, I'm not certain. I definately don't believe he knows anything about Sidious, I think his ties are strictly to Dooku.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Plus Kamino and Geonosis appear to be near each other, as Obi-Wan didn't need the hyperdrive ring to follow after them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Actually Obi-Wan did use the hyperdrive ring to follow Jango to Geonosis. Right after the layer change on the DVD Obi-Wan pops out of hyperspace then detaches from the ring and follows Jango into the asteroid belt.

"Maybe it's for the same reason C-3PO and R2-D2 just happen to be sold to Anakin's step-brother who just happens to be the guardian of Anakin's son."

"Maybe it's for the same reason the Empire decided to go to Alderran to blow it up, the same place Obi-Wan and Luke were going in the Falcon to return the droids. How convenient."

"Maybe it's for the same reason Luke just happened to land on the part of the planet where Yoda didn't live too far away from. It was a frikkin planet!!"

"Maybe it's for the same reason R2 was put on Jabba's sail barge so he could then eject Luke's lightsaber to him over the Sarlacc pit, when Jabba could have put him to work somewhere else just as easily."

Originally posted by mini-rock
    Actually Obi-Wan did use the hyperdrive ring to follow Jango to Geonosis. Right after the layer change on the DVD Obi-Wan pops out of hyperspace then detaches from the ring and follows Jango into the asteroid belt.
    Ugh, you're right. Man, my brain is fried lately. Maybe I should toss the DVD in again and re-watch. I seem to be forgetting a lot of stuff here.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sounds like a good enough excuse to go watch AOTC again. I may do the same thing.

"Maybe it's for the same reason C-3PO and R2-D2 just happen to be sold to Anakin's step-brother who just happens to be the guardian of Anakin's son." - The will of the force... The force is alive man, it's aliiiivvee!!! It can do that stuff!

"Maybe it's for the same reason the Empire decided to go to Alderran to blow it up, the same place Obi-Wan and Luke were going in the Falcon to return the droids. How convenient." - Not really.. Obi-Wan thought Leia was on Alderaan, or it would be a good place to look first since she didn't send a transport or a message, and Tarkin wanted to hit Leia HARD by destroying her home planet.

"Maybe it's for the same reason Luke just happened to land on the part of the planet where Yoda didn't live too far away from. It was a frikkin planet!!" - Wouldn't doubt that had to do with the force subconciously guiding him. Driven by Yoda, it would be effective, methinks. Obviously Obi and Yoda talked prior to Luke's arrival.

"Maybe it's for the same reason R2 was put on Jabba's sail barge so he could then eject Luke's lightsaber to him over the Sarlacc pit, when Jabba could have put him to work somewhere else just as easily." - Well he wouldn't go well as a Skiff Guard or Dance Instructor... They tried making him Jabba's wardrobe assisstant, but then they remembered he just wore his birthday suit.

Sorry, just couldn't help but comment on those.

As for why Jango went to Geonosis, remember he thought Obi-Wan was dead on Kamino. He probably feared there would be more Jedi arriving, and so he went to Geonosis to report it to Dooku and to help his hide. Just wasn't very head strong was he? :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"