Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I bet Qui-Gon or Palpatine is Anakins Father

Qui-Gon was just covering the facts by using the force!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Yeah, the council wouldn't stand for that stuff if they knew what Qui-Gon was really up to, but my theory is they know that he's up to something and it MAY be part of an obsession of his.

I think Yoda doesn't buy the "conceived by the Force" thing, I think if he did, he'd put more credence in the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force. But he doesn't, and when Qui-Gon dies, all Yoda can say about the issue to Obi-Wan is "The Chosen One the boy may be". It seems to me that Yoda's line there is really just trying to honor the memory of Qui-Gon instead of stomping on his idea in front of his most loyal supporter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think youall might be on to something.It will be interesting to find out. I not much into the what was suppose to have happened. I think the Emp. had alot to do with it.

Strictly speaking though, the "chosen one" prophecy did actually happen - albeit eventually. And balance was brought to the force etc.

No actual father was required, just as the prophecy said.

Personally I think the search for Anakin's father is a total red-herring.

.........some interesting theories though.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

I guess we will have to wait and see!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I wonder if the question of Anakin's paternal origins will be answered at all? Qui-Gon only said it's possible he was conceived by the midichlorians.

Will this remain shrouded in mystery?

This thread is completely fascinating. I haven't given this much thought as I figured if I came up with an idea (as good as those you are presenting) and GWL didn't follow through in some fashion I would be rightly disappointly.

My mind's been tainted by your theories... but no bother- I like them all!!! I hope that Uncle George has the imagination you guys have and gives us all a total twister of a plot arc!

Well done, all of you!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I don't think we ever found out what the prophecy actually said, did we? We knew it mentioned that it would "bring balance to the Force" and it appears to have some mention about a bending of the Force around someone. It MAY mention that there is a boy conceived by the Midi-chlorians, but Mace's reaction of "You're referring to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force... you believe it's this boy?" could just as easily be referring to Qui-Gon's statement of the boy's high midi-chlorian count, it's not that clear.

I don't know if it's a red herring or if it's just the over-reading (or in my case, under-confidence) of Ep 1's dialogue concerning Anakin's father. I just don't have faith that what Qui-Gon said MUST be true, we know Obi-Wan puts a spin on things for Luke in the CT, so perhaps Obi-Wan got that bad habit from his former master.

I think I'll be a bit disappointed if Lucas choses to leave the facts of Anakin's father in the words of Qui-Gon simply because it's too Christly and makes the Force out to have a "persona" instead of it being an "everywhere" sort of thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

But is it part of the story? We are all just speculating about the "ifs and if nots", "did he or didn't he", but sadly I feel Anakin's parentage issues may not be answered at all. Lucas may be content to live with the "virgin birth" take and leave the loose ends..........loose.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Originally posted by BenQuad
    But is it part of the story? We are all just speculating about the "ifs and if nots", "did he or didn't he", but sadly I feel Anakin's parentage issues may not be answered at all. Lucas may be content to live with the "virgin birth" take and leave the loose ends..........loose.
    Yeah but we can come up with theories! come up with ideas!
    GNT
    ''