Unhappy Mr. Rogers, rest in peace.

Aparently Fred Rogers of PBSs long running Mr. Rogers Neighborhood died last night of cancer at the age of 74. I'm glad his show was there for me when I was young. Rest in peace Mr. Rogers.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...bit/index.html
    http://pbskids.org/rogers/
    Last edited by 12inch Lando; 02-27-2003 at 03:46 AM.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Woah, I didn't even hear about that happening. Here's to you Mr. Rogers, for that one last ride on the Trolley to make believe land. May your show continue to inspire imaginations everywhere.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I just heard about it a little while ago, too - farwell sir!

I saw a rerun yesterday in which he had a drummer on the show to demonstrate his craft. It was just awesome, watching Fred get all excited as he tried it out himself.

Having never seen Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, I have no idea who Fred Rogers is. But RIP anyway Mr. Rogers .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Thank you Mr. Rogers. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I cannot say it enough how wonderful it was to have you in my childhood.

Good bye.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Goodbye neighbor, you'll be missed.

Mr. Rogers.jpg
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I hope he didnt go to hell, with that sweater he would really burn up. I really never watched it but he did a good deed and my prayers are with his family.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wow. That is very very sad. He was, seemingly, one of the nicest people in the world ... easily the nicest person on television. I'm very glad that my own child got to know him by watching his show.

I had a friend who knew him. My friend is now a pstor at a Christian church in Texas. He said that Fred Rogers was a really unique and special person really believed that children should be treated with respect and much care.

Thank you for making ME feel special when I was growing up!

Goodbye, neighbour... and warm, comforting wishes to his family.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**