Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the MOST you would pay for Ultimate Yoda?

Okay, I've wanted him since I first saw him on 4/23/2002 at my Wal-Mart's midnight madness deal . . .
    Well of course there was no way I would pay $100 but I definately thought of it as a good clearance pickup down the road.

It is now almost 9 months later, and he's currently down to $55 at that same Wal-Mart. They have more than one, so I have time to wait it out and see if he drops some more. I still don't like the price, but I'm trying to figure out exactly how much I could part with for Yoda. Right now, if I saw one for $30 I'd buy him instantly. Above that, I'm hesitant.

I know I sound a bit greedy here, as the price is already 45% off . . . I don't realistically expect to get it for $30, I'm just saying that's my "dream price."

To any interested Lego fans out there - what's the most you would pay for this set? Thanks, I'm curious to gather a few opinions.

Red face

I wouldn't spend more than $5 for it, but that's just me.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Some folks have reported finding Yoda for $30 at WMs, WMs have varying clearance prices from store to store.

Personally, the sculpture series holds no interest for me at all, not even for parts because I don't like the bricks' colors or assortments in those sets.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

LEGO has always been overpriced, so I usually wait to buy when sets hit 50% off or lower.

My Yoda (given to me as a gift) was purchased at Target for $50, but I agree with JT that it's not that great of a set. I got the Maul sculpture as a gift too, it was $119 on sale!
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea whether it's a good set or not, it's just not a good set for me.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Some folks have reported finding Yoda for $30 at WMs, WMs have varying clearance prices from store to store.
    Thanks for the tip JT, I am aware that it's up to each store what they clearance and for how little. Cool, if it's been sold for $30 at some stores then I know I'm not totally unrealistic in my hopes of getting him for that price.

So what are you saying - you have no use for a boat load of green, brown and tan bricks?

Im still comming to grips on why I havent shelled out 300 clams for the destroyer.. Yoda is overpriced.. for 30 bucks though, yeah I'd have to cave and buy him..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

That is exactly what I'm saying. And their sizes ain't so great neither, 2x4s just aren't as usable as they used to be.

I bought Yoda some time ago for $100. It was great fun putting together. I took my time putting it together so I would have something to do for the weekend my wife was out of town. Once I got it together -- it looked GREAT!! -- My wife has it in her office and gets many complements on it. I am going to get the Maul bust soon also. If you find it for $30-$50 -- GRAB IT!! If you enjoy putting legos together -- you will enjoy the challenge this one brings. As far as the destroyer -- it is overpriced!! Actually -- I paid $120.00 for my X-wing fighter. It seems that these UCS sets are going for about $.10 per piece. I know I will end up with the destroyer soon -- despite the cost -- I Like LEGO's
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Gone! I missed my chance.

I went 2 days ago and they were still $55. I went tonight after work and from a distance I could see the empty shelf space where the 2 Yodas were . . . the new clearance tag on the shelf said $40.

There was no way I would pay the $55, but I had to admit in the store that if they had some left at $40 then I would have walked out with one. Oh well.

I managed to compensate myself by putting that $40 toward the $43.50 it cost to walk out with all 3 Jabba's Palace sets.