Thread: Updates

Updates

It's been a while since I have posted and I will list for you the reasons why, (since I am sure some of you have been losing sleep) as well as other points that need to be addressed.

*I had my computer "cleaned" by my computer savvy friend, in order to eliminate all the junk on my desktop/browser back in late December early January. For some reason this totally corrupted my cookies. I can log on to Sir Steves just fine, but when I attempt to post, the screen will automatically take me back to the log in page whenever I click on submit. I still occasionally read the page, but can only post when I am on a different computer like the one here at my college alma mater.

*On New Year's Eve our basement flooded (sump pump failure), leaving a half-inch of water surrounding all of the boxes that lay there. Of course, this is where I keep my Star Wars collection. Luckily I insulated the bottoms of the boxes with foam meaning the water barely penetrated the foam. Out of all the 12 assorted Star Wars merchandise boxes I had, I only lost 3 Saga Figures (Kit Fisto, Yoda, and Jango Arena (all have been replaced)) and 5 semi-damaged Action Fleet vehciles (all were doubles of things I already had). I was very fortunate that I did not lose more. Luckily, insurance was able to cover our losses for the figures (but not for the carpet)

*For jjreason, sorry I could not contact you sooner about the Death Star Pack I received in the mail. I didn't have your regular E-mail nor could I PM you once I received it. I did however e-mail your yahoo acoount. Everything went well, pleasure doing business with ya!

I'll check back, infrequently, but I will!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Y'know, I had A feeling something was missing round here..... too bad about your flood haccident, come back soon huh, and a word to the wise, I wouldn't let your friend near your PC in future.

welcome back, LBC... hmmm... the login thing is perplexing... maybe you don't have cookies turned on in the browser settings? or maybe you don't have automatic login checked in your user cp here?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

You don't have to have cookies turned on to post, if you enter your username/password the first time it prompts, it should save that info for use throughout the entire session that the browser is open. However, it sounds like you have a corrupted cookie causing a confusion in how your browser is recognizing you. Have you tried removing the cookie? If not and you need help with that, LMK what browser you have (Internet Explorer, Netscape).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey LBC, I was glad to get your yahoo msg, and am glad to see you round these parts. Im not glad to be losing to you in the hockey pool this week, however.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008