Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question Hmm...

Anybody else see the NJO as a SW universe version of DC Comics' Crisis on Infinite Earths? I think they're trying to flesh out the fringe characters and planets in the EU by having the Y. Vong exterminate them. When Jaster Mareel fights Boba Fett, then we'll know they're out of ideas!

I'm about 15-20 pages from finishing. It's fairly well so far, except for the mega-chapters!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Well, Han and Leia are heading to Bakura in the next book, so expect the Ssi-rruk thread to be wrapped up then.

I think Del Rey is going to concentrate on a series of 'Clone Wars' books starring various Jedi and stuff.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Done reading! Some non-spoiler details:
    1. I was not surprised at who the "mystery spacer" was.
    2. Tahiri seems to be going to be an important character, as I thought earlier.
    3. Nom Anor is getting better with every novel.
    4. I still love the word Jeedai!
    5. So, you can watch a battle and speak via a comlink while in a bacta tank, eh?

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Anybody else see the NJO as a SW universe version of DC Comics' Crisis on Infinite Earths? I think they're trying to flesh out the fringe characters and planets in the EU by having the Y. Vong exterminate them. When Jaster Mareel fights Boba Fett, then we'll know they're out of ideas!

I'm about 15-20 pages from finishing. It's fairly well so far, except for the mega-chapters!
    Interesting idea about fleshing out planets, but why do in coruscant? Duro, Dantooine, and some on the outer rim is ok, but why coruscant, and why do in established planets. It was bad enough when kyp did in, crap I'm spacing out on the name...but you know what planet I'm talking about.

Its like they erased all the novels hard work on taking coruscant back, and now its like things are back to square one after they did in the 2nd death star.

Do you think they'll do any follow up novels after the NJO series and all the books dealing with mace, and pre ep. III stuff comes out? Or do you personally think the NJO is the end?

I still wonder why they did in Anakin right away. I was lead to believe that he was Luke's heir and a much deeper character than either of his siblings. Then again he was the original product of a semi hokey dark empire II or was it I...I forget... story line. But they really talked him up and didn't do much with him. I was disapointed when they wrote him off.

Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by tjovonovich
    Interesting idea about fleshing out planets, but why do in coruscant? Duro, Dantooine, and some on the outer rim is ok, but why coruscant, and why do in established planets. It was bad enough when kyp did in, crap I'm spacing out on the name...but you know what planet I'm talking about.

Its like they erased all the novels hard work on taking coruscant back, and now its like things are back to square one after they did in the 2nd death star.

Do you think they'll do any follow up novels after the NJO series and all the books dealing with mace, and pre ep. III stuff comes out? Or do you personally think the NJO is the end?

I still wonder why they did in Anakin right away. I was lead to believe that he was Luke's heir and a much deeper character than either of his siblings. Then again he was the original product of a semi hokey dark empire II or was it I...I forget... story line. But they really talked him up and didn't do much with him. I was disapointed when they wrote him off.
    1. Carrida (sp?) is the planet Kyp used the Sun Crusher on, I think.
    2. Coruscant was the crown jewel of the Republic, so it would seem to have been a ripe target for the YV.
    3. I do believe the NJO will end.
    4. I always felt that Anakin was a "mistake." No, not in that way. But the Dark Empire comic series gave us a child, after the Zahn trilogy gave us twins. So the births had to be fit in somehow. That seems to support my Crisis theory: sweep the confusing details away, and start over.

I can agree with that statement about how after the Vong are gone that it will be like the time following the destruction of Death Star 2, and the Rebellion trying to establish itself as the government of the galaxy. Then again, this series has been quite refreshing with the deaths and how the Republic doesn't ultimately win every battle at the end of the book. That sense of realism (funny I am happy to see realism in a world of fantasy) really made me enjoy this series even more. I too was a bit shocked to see Anakin go, even though I'm not a fan of the Solo children. I can only hope they write something to show how the Republic is going to recover from this mess.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    1. Carrida (sp?) is the planet Kyp used the Sun Crusher on, I think.
    2. Coruscant was the crown jewel of the Republic, so it would seem to have been a ripe target for the YV.
    3. I do believe the NJO will end.
    4. I always felt that Anakin was a "mistake." No, not in that way. But the Dark Empire comic series gave us a child, after the Zahn trilogy gave us twins. So the births had to be fit in somehow. That seems to support my Crisis theory: sweep the confusing details away, and start over.
    Yea that's where the military academy was that his brother went to.

Coruscant, I was hoping the republic would have defended it better or staved off the onlaught, but would have taken a huge beating in the process. Seems weird that the fight for thier home planet wasn't as fierce as it should have been. Unless it was ment to symbolize the bottom of the tragedy arc.

So when you say NJO will end, do you mean, all over for good. Last book in the series is the final for events x number of years after endor and the rest is left to imagination or do you think they'll start up some line that explores the unknown regions...

I hope they don't go there, I've got too many stories and memories from the star wars rpg that dealt with the unknown regions. Call me shelfish but I'd rather hang onto some of those story lines. The DM was great at adventures...

so does the NJO end w/ remnant part 3? or is there going to be another hardcover after that.

The only thing I've been really dissapointed in was, the offing of Vergere, she was one of, if not the best, of my favs. I also am starting to like Tahiri but her personality seems a little jumpy from book to book, you can definitely tell different authors using the same character.
    Nom Anor, The Prophet, deserves and action figure!!!!!
    Your signature here!

There's the three (or is that two?) books of the Force Heretic mini-series, then a stand-alone paperback called The Last Prophecy around August. (Given the name and what's going on on Coruscant/Yuuzhantar, my bet is this will focus on Nom Anor.) Then the series ends with a hardcover, the name of which slips my mind, in November.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Unifying Force??? Is that the last book????