Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile NJO Force Heretic I: Remnant is out now.

I had no idea it was out already. I found it at Barnes and Nobels today. 413 pages. I'm so far behind on my reading that I probablly won't get started on this on for another week or so.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

I got to stay home today b/c of the snow and was able to finish it. I've got a few ideas for where the 3 books are going and it sounds like it will be exciting. It really stinks that I have to wait a couple of months for the next installment to arrive.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Any idea what that blurb is for on the inside front cover? Leia, Han , and Chewie on Tatooine? Some mysterious link to Leia's past? Set during the New Jedi Order?!?

Then....

Nothing.

As for Remnant, I only glanced through the first couple of chapters. I decided to set aside what I was currently reading and jump into this. Since I'm spoiler free for Episode III and Hasbro has killed my interest in the toy line, I need this to jump start my SW enthusiasm meter.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Any idea what that blurb is for on the inside front cover? Leia, Han , and Chewie on Tatooine? Some mysterious link to Leia's past? Set during the New Jedi Order?!?

Then....

Nothing.

I thought that Tattoine Ghost was supposed to be from the New Republic era, not NJO. Huh? That blurb (blurb is a funny word... blurb, blurb, blurb ) sounds like the characters involved.

I will begin reading Remnant soon; 4-day weekends from school rock!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Ahh... laying on the couch, reading, reading a Star Wars book at that... pure bliss...

Story so far has been good (just getting to the battle parts), but I do have one gripe. The chapters are 100+ pages long!!!! The book has a prologue (10+ pgs), and an epilogue (30+ pgs), with four Parts. I like shorter breaks. Oh well.

I also read that the NJO is supposed to wrap up in November of this year. As much as I have been disappointed by the gloom and doom, lets-talk-for-chapters-on-mundane-issues aspects of the books, I feel a little saddened. I just hope we get a return to the trilogy stand-alone series of books from the early days of post-Zahn SW novels.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I finished this book a few days ago. I enjoyed it very much and really didn't have any problems with it. I'm hoping for lots of info on the Unknown Regions and maybe some more Old Republic and Jedi history.

As for the NJO series ending in November, it's been an interesting up and down ride. I wonder if they'll wrap it up all nice and tidy or leave it open. Will the Vong become a permanent part of the galaxy or be wiped out?

I'm also hoping for a couple books on rebuilding the galaxy and maybe cleaning up Coruscant.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    page 350: Palleon tells the Vong commander "...The Empire always strikes back." heh. I liked that one.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I haven't had a chance to dig into the book due to various important home repairs (leaky roof with massive condensation in MN is very bad...especially in the dead of winter.)

But I just wanted to see what everyones thought were, if you read the Insiders review on the books, series and novels...about killing off main characters, story lines, author selections...

They talked about suprises at the end of the NJO series, and that nothing has been established or planned for books or novels after NJO but they were gearing up for pre-episode III things and filler items like Tat. Ghost...almost more of one shot stories that fit into the time lines.

I found it interesting that nothing has been planned for books after the NJO when it concludes in Nov. Makes me wonder if more folks don't die, or if the main crew doesn't opt for full time retirement from galactic saving Odds are they see the a cash cow with pre-ep III books and filler books for ep. II.

I will admit I do want the NJO line to come to a conclusion, and a new series to start. The war with vong has gone on long enough. The vong are starting to drift into 2 dimensional characters, and I no longer find them interesting as I once did. I'm ready for a new threat.

I wonder why no one introduced the sii-ruuk into this fight? Would have made an interesting partnership or story line. The sii-ruuk with their spirits in the machine teaming up with the republic to take on machine hating, organics of the vong. The sii-ruuk would have driven the vong crazy.

The Ssi-Ruuk were supposedly beaten back by the Chiss shortly after Truce at Bakura. Not that everyone hasn't been clamoring for Ssi-Ruuk vs Vong.

Yevetha vs Vong didn't quite live up to the expectations. RIP, Yevethans.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I must have missed that little blurb of info.

Huh, well I'd still like to see them square off.

I wonder what it would be like if there was a vong essence/soul/life force in a machine...