Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Millions of people just heard Ep 2 was "boring and slow"

During the Michael Jackson documentary which aired on ABC last night in the US, there is a moment from last summer when Jackson and his 6-year-old son are in a Las Vegas elevator with the documentary interviewer Martin Bashir and his cameras. The interviewer notices Jackson's son Prince Michael I is wearing Star Wars shoes and asks him about them. Here's what transpired:
    Bashir: I see you've got the Star Wars shoes.
    Prince: Not Part 2.
    Bashir: Not Part 2?
    Prince: Nuh uh. Dad got these for me.
    Bashir: Oh right.
    Prince: He got me Spider-Man shoes too.
    Bashir: What's he been telling you about not Part 2? Why don't you like Star Wars Part 2?
    Prince: Because it's boring and slow.
    Bashir: Right. And what makes you think you're qualified to make such a strong judgement?
    Prince: (confused look)
    Michael Jackson (clarifying to Prince): What makes you think you're right about that. You're sure you're right?
    Prince: (nods)
    Bashir: He has a good point.
    The whole time this transpired, Jackson had a look on his face like he agreed with his son on the issue. At least 27 million households reportedly watched this interview last night and heard that rather unfavorable viewpoint about Attack of the Clones. Obviously this was a minor part of the documentary, but noteworthy here; what did America think of the son's statement and the interviewer's and father's opinions?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Millions of people just heard Ep 2 was "boring and slow"

Originally posted by JediTricks
    During the Michael Jackson documentary which aired on ABC last night in the US, there is a moment from last summer when Jackson and his 6-year-old son are in a Las Vegas elevator with the documentary interviewer Martin Bashir and his cameras. The interviewer notices Jackson's son Prince Michael I is wearing Star Wars shoes and asks him about them. Here's what transpired:
    The whole time this transpired, Jackson had a look on his face like he agreed with his son on the issue. At least 27 million households reportedly watched this interview last night and heard that rather unfavorable viewpoint about Attack of the Clones. Obviously this was a minor part of the documentary, but noteworthy here; what did America think of the son's statement and the interviewer's and father's opinions?
    I didn't see the entire show or that part so I can't comment specifically. However, based on everything else I'm hearing today, there seem to be a few more pressing questionable issues about Michael Jackson that most likely will leave this small part to obscurity.

On Entertainment Tonight a few days before they played the interview in America they showed a part of that little bit, but it was just the part where that kid was calling it slow. I really doubt any person would even care to respect either of their opinions. I have a hard time listening to Roger Ebert, let alone a kid being raised by the greatest freak of this lifetime. Honestly, I don't think anyone's opinion of Episode 2 could be swayed by them.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah but it's in their heads now, 47 million watched at least part of the documentary, the kid seemed fairly normal and sure of his opinion and Jackson and Bashir seemed to be agreeing with the kid's assessment.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, so viewers could actually SEE "a look" on Jackson's face? Interesting, he must not have been wearing his surgical face mask.
    Really, that's good news that a look could be seen on his face because it means it hasn't fully slid off his skull after years of surgery.

What did America think? Personally, I've found that most Americans I know can't even tell ESB from Part 2 (since ESB was released second).

Seriously? I think stillakid's right, they were probably waiting for the dirt on his child bedmates thing or other pressing matters, so I'm not sure a movie review would be remembered . . . and if people did take note if it, I'm sure it wasn't "enlightening" since there have been plenty of bad reviews of Episode II since last May.

The Jackson documentary was shown here in the UK too, and I also saw that part. I couldn't believe that they said that!?! I do feel that children do prefer TPM though, it is more childfriendly and comical to a child than AOTC. I wasn't surprised that Prince thought TPM was better. MJ probably thought Episode I was better because he is a big child aswell. Bashir was probably just agreeing with them so he wouldn't offend them. When Bashir says "And what makes you think you're qualified to make such a strong judgement" it gives the impression that he doesn't agree.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    MJ probably thought Episode I was better because he is a big child as well.
    Or maybe he's a big Jake Lloyd fan.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Or maybe he's a big Jake Lloyd fan.

Actually though, he sounds like a smart kid. And heck, he's pretty much right too. Though I might have used the words craptacular and insulting instead. But to each his own.

Maybe the kid won't turn out so bad after all.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Caesar, not once during that documentary did Jackson wear a surgical mask. According to the various network affiliate news coverage, it seems the opinion on the documentary is split 50/50.

So you guys don't think there's a public subconcious that will remember that this 5-year-old trashed Ep 2?

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Caesar, not once during that documentary did Jackson wear a surgical mask. According to the various network affiliate news coverage, it seems the opinion on the documentary is split 50/50.

So you guys don't think there's a public subconcious that will remember that this 5-year-old trashed Ep 2?
    Not anymore than the Razzies.