Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Nope, Ultimate Ninja is all new.
    36.) The Ultimate Ninja
    There’s a bad dude in town and he’s looking to pick a fight. This Ultimate Ninja has come halfway across the inter-dimensional universe to battle the Shredder, defeat him and gain glory. The only problem is that someone has already defeated the Shredder... our guys with Leonardo delivering the coup de tete (literally, back in Episode 23). So now, the Ultimate Ninja has Leonardo in his sights, and this glory-seeking traveler isn’t going home without a trophy... namely the head of our young teenage mutant hero!
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

While the ep was pretty good, the art was the worst yet I think. I found it distractingly sloppy, which is too bad because some of the battle sequences could have had some really incredible art instead of a lot of offscreen action and flash screens to cover up major action.

JJB, I'm surprised you didn't mention Leo throwing Splinter a katana, that was pretty cool.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had a massive case of cold medicine headache. So I'm lucky I was able to put together even a half coherant synopsis of the episode. But yes, Leo throwing Splints the Katana was sweet. I love how ticked off the Mirage purists were on the TMNT board I am about the News Reporter April and Krang homages/winks.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Krang was great, they even parodied his crazy cartoon voice. That bit leads to a question though, why did the Utroms have to get out of their suits to use the transmat?

BTW, spotted a vintage Fugitoid figure last week at a collectors show, except for the colors, this thing is nearly identical to the character on the show, that was really weird to see.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, Krang was a brilliant little wink. It was nice to see, after Laird had so many issues with not ever having anything from the old toon in the new one. So maybe he's relaxed a bit about that. As for the suit issue? Well, judging by the flashback they typically just flew around on their little platforms. So it's probably very unnatural for them to have something like the body suits. Look at Search for Splinter pt. 2. The one Utrom complains about hating being in the suits. Since they wouldn't need them back home, no since bringing them. Especially when they likely have a more high tech means of convience on their home planet after 1,000 years.

Yeah, the Vintage Fugitoid is pretty cool. He's a lot taller and a bit more C-3PO'ish in design then the actual classic comic and new toon version. Can't wait for the new figure. Though I'm really hoping they give him something cool, like light up eyes/mouth. A couple button cell batteries in the chest couldn't be that hard to do.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

36.) The Ultimate Ninja
    There’s a bad dude in town and he’s looking to pick a fight. This Ultimate Ninja has come halfway across the inter-dimensional universe to battle the Shredder, defeat him and gain glory. The only problem is that someone has already defeated the Shredder... our guys with Leonardo delivering the coup de tete (literally, back in Episode 23). So now, the Ultimate Ninja has Leonardo in his sights, and this glory-seeking traveler isn’t going home without a trophy... namely the head of our young teenage mutant hero!
    A top a rooftop, a surge of electricity manifests into a strange masked ninja. Who appears to be seeking Leonardo, and using water to form a screen starts tracking him thru the city. As for our green teens, seems things have sort of returned to normal after Secret Origins. Other then the fact that April is living in the lair, and her panty hose are starting to become a pain in the shell. Leonardo after finding one of her hose in his rinse glass for brushing his teeth tries to speak to Splinter about April needing to find a new place to live. Of course, that's until April decides to show up with a brush for Splinter. And they talk about how great his fur is now thanks to the shampoo and conditioner that April suggested he use. So now Leo doesn't feel he can speak out against April, and holds his tongue.

It's movie night in the lair, and Casey's dropped by and they're watching 'El Gato', a western where a cocky young gunslinger challenges an old great for to make a name for himself, and dies for his ideals. Afterwards, the TMNT, Splinter, April and Casey decide to go out for ice cream. Where the Intergalactic Ninja tosses a throwing knife at Leonardo from the shadows, which is caught. Walking out of the shadows he reveals that he has come to this dimension, to face Oroku Saki. But finding that he had been defeated by Leonardo, he instead calls for an Ultimate Challenge with Leo. Raphael and others protest, as the Ninja encases them all in a bubble formed from water, and summons a referee.

The Ref explains that according to the rules of the challenge, Leonardo must face the Ninja in single combat, or he forefits the lives of his Master, Brothers, April and Casey. And if he looses, he forefits his own. Everyone protests, but Splinter silences them and explains a few things. Oddly enough, Splinter is recognized by both the Ultimate Ninja and the Referee, and Splinter explains to his sons that Leo must make the choice. Splinter demands the right for 'Total Observence', which is granted as the Ultimate Ninja and Leonardo are removed to do battle. While everyone watches on a screen formed out of water. The battle takes place across New York, both in Central Park and the Brooklyn Bride. The wanna-be Ultimate Ninja, also appears to not worry about fighting with honor.

On the Brooklyn Bridge, the UN gets the upper hand and Splinter asks for the right to attend. The referee grants it and the group is transported to the Bridge, where Leo is getting the upper hand again. Until he gets knocked off the edge, and falls. Luckily he'd grabbed the U.N.s. clawed gauntlet, and uses that to stop his fall and climb back up. Reaching the top the battle continues and Leonardo manages to disarm the ninja and retrieve his swords. And defeats him, pining him to the ground by crossing his blades across his throat. Leo bows to the ninja, and tells him he did a good job, and just needs more practice. Pulling out the blades he tosses them asside, and has a reunion with his family. In which Splinter hugs him and tells him he's proud of him. Definatly an 'Awwww' inducing moment.

Of course, it seems the ninja doesn't want to loose this way. And uses some green powder to summon a giant dragon that is preparing to kill everyone. But is suddenly cut in half from behind. Standing there over over the kneeled ninja is a gigantic ninja wearing a golden mask. Who proceeds to explain what is going on. He is the lord of a race that visited Earth a long time ago. And was mistaken for Goblins, or Tengu. And gifted the people they met with the arts of Ninjitsu. And that his son has dishonored himself, by admitting defeat and then attempting to cheat. He also recognizes Splinter, respecting him by calling him Splinter-San and tells him that he's trained his son well. And departs with the ref and his son in tow.

Finally Raphael calls Splinter out for an explaination, and he continues to be mysterious. Telling them that they will learn everything when the time is right. Setting things up for the Season Finale episodes, "The Big Brawl". All in all a pretty good episode, but I can't wait for next week and "Reflections" when we get a bit more insight on the Shredder and his minions.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

35.) Reflections
    Catching up on some much needed rest, our heroes take a little trip to Casey’s grandma’s farmhouse as well as a little trip down memory lane. But, every memory is haunted by the same dark figure - the Shredder. It seems that the Shredder is very much a part of their lives... perhaps too much so... and, oddest of all, maybe even a part of the Turtles’ very origin!
    This is going to be a very very short lil review of what happened in the episode. Since I'm not feeling well, and it was just a bloody 'Remember when' episode. Note of warning, I'll rant about that a few more times during this.

Well, I can definatly see why they moved this episode til after 'Ultimate Ninja'. Since it would be odd to have a 'flashback' to something that just happened last episode. All in all, not much I can say about the episode. It mostly was just a major recap of all the big Shredder battles.

The new stuff was great. The training session with Splinter and Mikey's GameGuy. And Mikey's impression of 'Darth Vader' was a riot. But for god sake, I hate clip shows. I know it's good sometimes to recap things that happened before. But it just seems like they had an empty slot that they needed to fill with something, and they decided to throw together a clip show. It didn't even really do anything to advance the plot. Other then Donny's lil 'Without Shredder, we wouldn't even be who we are' deal.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I was in training for waking up this morning at 6am (ugh) to help with Toy Fair coverage, so I still haven't seen the tape I made with it, and now knowing it's a clip show makes me want to not watch it at all.

Well, I watched it but fast-forwarded through the clip parts. The art for the new parts was awful, especially in comparison to the season 1 clips. This ep was a heaping helping of disappointment.

Yeah, i woke up about half way thru this "episode" but after having watched it felt like i was robbed of at least 15 more minutes of sleep. Nothing special about this one, maybe next Sundays will be worth the wake.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay