Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    There will be no Bebop or Rocksteady. They were invented for the old cartoon, and Peter Laird hates the characters. There will also be no Krang, but the Utroms (Brain Aliens in Mechanical Bodies) have appeared and will be revealed further in the new series.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I thought this sucked at first (mainly because the first episode I saw seemed a bit too close to the movie), but it's been growing on me. I just looked over the episode guide you posted, JJB, and I have to see the episode called "The King." IIRC, that's the premise of the Donatello one-shot from waaaaaay back when. A lot of other nods to the Mirage series in there, too. I hope Cartoon Network picks this up, because it's hard to get up on Saturdays.

Only one complaint: who's the wise guy who decided to correct the spelling of "Michaelangelo"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yep, E.C. They've done an episode for each one of the One-Shots from back in the Mirage days. Episode #4: "Meet Casey Jones" was the Raphael One-Shot. Epiosde #16: "The King" is the Donatello One-Shot. Episode #19: "Tales of Leo" is the Leonardo One-Shot. The only one they haven't done is Mikey's one shot, which makes some sense. Since Mikey's One-Shot takes place during Christmas and is when he finds his cat, "Klunk". So maybe there will be a Christmas Special based on that issue.

And the person who corrected the spelling, was Peter Laird. He wanted to finally put right what once was wrong, the spelling of his name. Apperantly they forgot to check a dictionary or any of Michelangelo's great works of art to get the spelling corrected before they ever did the comic. So it's been mis-spelled since the late 80's and was just corrected when the new comics started coming out again. Should have just left it, frankly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It's good to see TMNT come back. I missed the first episode but I'm looking forward to seeing it. I loved the comics but always hated the treatment they got from both the movies and the cartoon. I guess I can sit back and wait for my TMNT comic book collection to finally be worth more than the paper it's printed on.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    There will be no Bebop or Rocksteady.
    Well that bites. I agree the charachters were a bit corny for the last cartoon but they could improve upon them just like all the rest of the charachters. But I think it would be especially cool to have those charachters done for this cartoon, they would be defiantley killer cool, especially if that guy I talked about became Bebop, he would be monstrous. But that is terrible, playing with my emotions. First they show that guy that would obviously be Bebop and then have these last eps telling about how Shredder is playing with mutation.........I'm all afluster.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Actually, Hun would not be right for Bebop. There are two Purple Dragon members that look just about how Bebop and Rocksteady did in their human forms. Most likey as a wink to the fans of the old school.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Actually, Hun would not be right for Bebop. There are two Purple Dragon members that look just about how Bebop and Rocksteady did in their human forms. Most likey as a wink to the fans of the old school.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I tried looking out for guys like that but I didn't see anybody that really came close except for Hun. But You gotta admit though Hun as a Wild Boar mutant would just be off the scale cool.
    If you got pics u could post to show what u are talking about JJ that would be great.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm really enjoying this cartoon. I think the art looks fantastic and the action sequences are pretty cool. Not a lot of goofy stuff, not a lot of pandering to kids, and not much feels like advertising for toys. Plus, there's continuity from one episode to the next. If only the themesong wasn't so... well, you know.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thankfully the theme song ends quick, so it doesn't cause an extreme amount of suffering. I really love the tight continuity of the series. All of this is building up so greatly for the Shredder Confrontation 3-Parter and the Season Finale 2-Parter.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Peter Laird has already said that Season 2 is being worked on now. Since they are following the Mirage continuity fairly closely with some suprises to make things intresting, it's likely that The Rat King, and Leatherhead will be part of next season. Guarenteed to be part of it is the large Triceratron story arc from the original comics. But a small bit of news for Season 2 has been revealed. This info comes from Ninjatron at SykoGrafix.com. It was announced during Stan Sakai's Drawing Workshop.

From Anime North in Toronto on Friday May 16th..

Stan Sakai announced that he had just this past week spoken with Peter Larid and they are in the process of working out a deal which will see his creation, Usagi Yojimbo, return to televison by way of a guest appearence on TMNT next season!

In Usagi's original cartoon appearences, Usagi had traveled to modern day New York. This time, as far as I heard, the plan is for the Turtles to travel to Usagi's world, made up of funny animals. Oh, the possibilities!

Next year will mark the 20th year of Usagi's adventures, and there will be a number of merchandise items made available to mark this occasion. Expect a new action figure by Playmates to be one of them!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks