Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Old Usagi, I still have the toy of him, ears intact and all.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Thankfully the theme song ends quick, so it doesn't cause an extreme amount of suffering.
    It's a minute long, far too much for my tastes.

So no sooner than I praised the show on Friday night that Fox pre-empted it the next morning for baseball. As a kid, this drove me out of my MIND. Hopefully, Fox will at least continue airing the 9am reruns and I'll be able to catch the ep next weekend.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ack, they pre-empted a 3 part episode? That sucks JT. Hopefully you can catch it. The "Notes from the Underground" Episode Arc is very good so far.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, we got some info on the DVD of the new show. Here's the info from the official TMNT site, NinjaTurtles.com.

4Kids Entertainment will begin releasing DVDs of Season One this September. The current ship date is set for September 2, but this is subject to change. 4Kids came to Mirage Studios and interviewed Peter Laird and some of the Mirage artists to include as bonus footage to the DVDs. I haven't been given any additional info about the format yet - but 4Kids has been releasing two episodes per DVD of other series, so it's possible that they'll follow this strategy with the TMNT (and it's possible that they won't.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Just caught "Return of the Shredder" parts 1 and 2. Let me just say those were two of the best episodes I've seen the entire season, which is a lot since the entire season has been good for the most part.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Finally, some concrete news on the DVD release for September 2nd. 2 Volumes will get released that day, each with three episodes. Expect the volumes to look like this:

Volume 1:
    EP1 - Things Change
    EP2 - A Better Mousetrap
    EP3 - Attack of the Mousers

Volume 2:
    EP4 - Meet Casey Jones
    EP5 - Nano
    EP6 - Darkness on the Edge of Town

[size=large]Funimation To Distribute TMNT Videos[/size]
    DVDs Include Interview With Peter Laird

June 13, 2003

Funimation Productions, which handles the home video releases for 4Kids Entertainment's high-powered Yu-Gi-Oh! series, will also handle the sales and distribution of video products from the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoon series now appearing on 4Kids' Fox Box on Saturday morning. The first two TMNT video releases from the new series will each contain three episodes and will be available on both DVD and VHS tape. The DVDs will have an srp of $16.95 and the VHS tape will list for $12.95 The DVDs will include an exclusive interview with TMNT co-creator Peter Laird. The first two volumes from the new TMNT series will be released on September 2nd.

While the new TMNT series easily topped the rest of the Fox Box entries in the most recent TV ratings, the series hasn't reached the heights that it attained in its first incarnation, when it was one of the top children's shows on TV and the number one kids animated home video in the early 90s. Still it hasn't been a failure either -- the series just bowed on Fox on February 8, so it really hasn't had a chance to turn the Fox Box around. The fact that Playmates Toys has sold through more than 1 million TMNT action figures so far this year demonstrates that there is still plenty of interest in the Turtles. The new TMNT animated series has been renewed for next season and Dreamwave Productions is planning a new TMNT color comic book series (see "Peter David To Write TMNT Comic For Dreamwave"), so with videos from Funimation, toys from Playmates, and comics from Dreamwave there should be a higher level of interest and sales by fall.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/2901.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt dvd vol. 1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	6093  

Thanks to lame west coast sports programming (I mean really, European football?!?), I've missed every new ep since "The King" and apparently will continue to do so for at least another week.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's ok, JT. What really sucks is that now the series is on hiatus until the Fall. I guess they don't want to run new episodes during the summer. So the final 8 episodes of the first season have been put on hold until then. And repeats will air over the summer.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Here's the artwork for Volume 2's DVD, that I mentioned a few posts ago.
    Not bad, better then a bunch of clipart for covers.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt dvd vol. 2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	6110  

Far too many cartoons are treated this way, programming execs seem to have very little idea of the flow of things. As a kid, pre-empted for sports and endless reruns were my most hated foes when it came to cartoons; as an adult, there is more patience but less tolerance for it - I understand the concepts of waiting for a new ep for a while, but it still bugs me and I'm not likely to sit through these reruns. Cartoon Network has become a grande offender of this lately, Transformers: Armada, MOTU, and Justice League all have had far too few new eps and far too many endless reruns lately, especially with the psychotic scheduling changes forced upon them. CN's Adult Swim block on Sunday night is even worse, since it's nearly all original product, they run like 3 new eps and then rerun the same 3 eps again so you end up seeing 1 ep twice a month sometimes.