Finally, new figures showing up after a dry spell. And one of them happening to be one of my favorite characters!
Tusken Raider, Tatooine Camp Ambush
- Likeness: This is about as close to a Tusken Raider as you can get. The likeness is next to unbeatable. 5/5.
- Sculpt/ Detail: What a work of art. First off, the sculpt is excellent from head to toe. The detail in the fabric is amazing. The paint job is supurb, there's a wash on the figure's tunic and robe for that desert look and the paint job is very clean. 5/5.
- Articulation: I'll say the figure has 8 points articulation. Including 3 spots in each arm. His arms can be posed in a number of ways with his gaffi stick. The only downer is the legs, sculpted in an action pose the legs are only movable at the waist keeping the legs in the same position. 4/5.
- Accessories: Tusken comes with a gaffi stick and a small camp fire base. And what perfect accessories too! The handle of the gaffi stick has a great wood sculpt while the metal ends have some scuff marks to show their use. I'm not wild about bases on a whole but these are cool! The fire part is translucent with red and orange with a pile of sticks over it. It looks 'like' a campfire. The little bases have little clips so that you can attach them to other bases. Perfect for building scenes with other Tuskens. 5/5.
- Playability: Here's the pros and cons. The figure is next to perfect with its excellent detail and cool accessories, but it has a problem standing by itself without the base. Due to the sculpting of the legs and that you can't really move them. 4/5.
- Value: I picked up the new Tusken Raider at Target for their price. Worth it? Oh yeah! 5/5.
OVERALL: This new figure really doesn't dissapoint at all. Hasbro did an incredible job on this toy. Those who have read my past reviews know I'm a big Tusken Raider fan. This new one might be my favorite Tusken figure. When you get it, you'll know. 4.5/5.