Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

lord of the rings: two towers

i just bought it yesterday and am having trouble on the level after you beat Lurtz. I can get up to the cave troll that throws things at you but i cant seem to beat him. Ive tried hitting him from behind but he always turns around and clobbers me. There is not enough room to run around and fight him like the one in the mines of moria and i even tried to get him to beat on some type of gate to see if he could break it down but no luck there. Any tips would be helpful.

Dodge the throw, slice and dice, dodge the throw, slice and dice. That's pretty much it. I had trouble at first too. You can't try to run too far away from the guy or your dead meat. Stay relatively close. Don't use your arrows or axes either.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Make sure you are using the triangle attack(default). That is the only one that really damages him. You can sometimes pull a combo off, but most timesyou get clobbered right after it.
    Come see Dar' Live Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Well Dar'Argol... He never clarified which system he was playing. I have the XBOX version. You have the PS2 version. Which one do you have k-a k? Not that it really matters that much.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Originally posted by 12inch Lando
    Well Dar'Argol... He never clarified which system he was playing. I have the XBOX version. You have the PS2 version. Which one do you have k-a k? Not that it really matters that much.
    You know, that's true. I never thought of that till just now. Opps . . .he he he. Either way, I think that LOTR: TTT is the best game so far out of the LOTR series.

Kool-Aid, its you Fierce attack, or strong, or mighty, or whatever the heck they are calling it
    Come see Dar' Live Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Thanks for the help 12inch Lando and Dar Argol. I havent been able to play since i posted but i will try it tonight. I probably should have mentioned that ive got a gamecube. Any suggestions on who i should use for that level or does it really not matter?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

...what's a gamecube...
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Poor gamecube, i think im the only person i know who likes it. but ive always been a fan of nintendo things except for that red tripod thing they made who knows how many years ago.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

You aren't the only person to like the GCN kool-aid.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah, I love my Gamecube.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"