Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Hasbro to re-release classics!?!

Straight from the Hasbro website is the updated list for 2003.

'03 #01 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle
    '03 #02 Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation
    '03 #03 Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape
    '03 #04 Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase
    '03 #05 SP-4 & JN-66, Research Droids
    '03 #06 Tusken Raider, Camp Ambush
    '03 #07 Anakin Skywalker, Secret Ceremony
    '03 #08 Boba Fett, The Pit of Carkoon
    '03 #09 R2-D2, Droid Factory Flight
    '03 #10 Lama Su, Kamino Prime Minister with Clone Youth
    '03 #11 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
    '03 #12 Barriss Offee, Luminara Unduli's Padawan
    '03 #13 Han Solo, Hoth Rescue
    '03 #14 Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt
    '03 #15 Yoda & Chian, Padawan Lightsaber Training
    '03 #16 Ashla & Jempa, Jedi Padawan
    '03 #17 Luke Skywalker, Throne Room Duel
    '03 #18 Darth Vader, Throne Room Duel
    '03 #19 Snowtrooper, The Battle of Hoth
    '03 #20 Jango Fett, Kamino Escape (from AOTC collection)
    '03 #21 C-3PO (Classic version from POTF collection)

'03 #22 Padmé Amidala in Wedding Dress
    '03 #23 Wat Tambor
    '03 #24 Coleman Trebor
    '03 #25 Darth Maul (Classic version from POTJ collection)
    '03 #26 Princess Leia Organa (Classic version from POTF collection)
    '03 #27 Han Solo (Classic version from POTF collection)

Notice the figures that will be re-released from POTF2 and POTJ. Hasbro claims that they will also come with a base. Does that mean we will see ugly orange card C-3PO, He-man Han, and Man-face Leia again?

I hope if they are doing this for sure, to at least bring out MMC C-3PO, all-new-likeness Leia, and POTJ Han death star escape.
    Otherwise, I will be very disappointed, and disgusted!

Actually, i'm already disappointed. Why are they wasting valuable space for these, when they can easily issue other new figures?
    Last edited by Jerjerrod; 02-10-2003 at 02:38 AM.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

Well, I guess the rumors from Galactic Hunter turned out to be true. They said that they heard there was a bunch of re-packaged figures coming up. This could be a good thing, for the new collectors. Depends on who they include.

I do have some complaints, but some ideas as well. Why re-issue Jango Fett: Kamino Escape. While he's a nice figure, he's shorter in scale then the other Jango's. That's the only real complaint I have, though I would rather we get more new figures.

C-3PO will probably either be the Millenium Minted Coin version, or the removable limbs version. Frankly I would prefer a new one, but these two weren't terrible.

Maul will most likely be the one from the Masters of the Darkside 2-pack. Since he was almost impossible for most people to get. And we have a rumor of a re-packaged Vader as well. Which will probably be the Vader from the MotD 2-pack as well.

Princess Leia, that's a toughie. It's probably a re-issue of the new Likeness Leia. Though it could be somthing like the Hoth Leia, since we have a Hoth Han and the upcoming Wampa Attack Screen Scene. Hmm, maybe it will be Boushh Leia.

Han Solo, probably just going to be the Han: Cantina from the Commtech line. Not sure there really are any basic Classic Han's other then him that would be worth re-issuing. It could be Carbonite Han, and the base could connect to Leia's if they issue her as Boushh Leia.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

What WOULD be awesome is if the Leia was the Comtech "Hood-up" Leia that was so impossible to find.

This is bizarre though. Kind of pointless. Like anybody REALLY wants the old He-Man style figs of 1996. . .

Yeah, in some ways it's cool but in others it's pointless. It's great with the Clone Wars line drawing in kids that will want to pick up the main charecters. It will also be great for the new collectors that missed a lot of the old figures.

And depending on the choices, some of the old collectors could find a few they want an extra or two for. Like the MotD Maul and such. I'll have to wait and hear which figures they are planning, before I decide exactly which ones to like and which ones to be mad about.

I do think this is more due to the Clone Wars stuff then anything else. Since these are supposed to be re-issued on C2 cards. So while the Clone Wars figures are shipping, the focus will be off Collection 2. But Hasbro wanted somthing to put out there in C2, instead of putting them on hiatus until after Clone Wars.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I certainly wouldn't mind them shooting out a reissue of the Jawa two pack --- or even better, the Jawa w/ Gonk Droid as it is the "definitive Jawa to Date." To go with the rumored and hopefully still very much on the way Sandcrawler.

Is re-releasing Jango Fett really needed, i mean he just came out?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I agree, can't we all find a doze Jangos still. He's a popular character (I guess ). Hasbro sure wants him to be popular.

Smart money is on all the re-release figures to be more current styles. I doubt that they would make the "monkey faced" Leia because that just wouldn't go witht he current lines. The "hooded" Leia or "All New Likeness" would be much more logical. Still, when has Hasbro ever been logical . Can't wait to see them and listen to all the complaints .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

There are way too many Jangos pegwarming. I would like to get a Leia w/ hood up since it has slipped my grasp for so long. How about reissuing a Lando? and why a C3PO?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I hope the C-3PO is the Millenium Minted Coin version and Leia is the CTC version. I passed on all of the Millenium Minted Coin figures, and never saw the Leia CTC in retail (and I'm not about to pay $20 for one).

If Han ends up being the Cantina CTC version, I may buy it just to customize Lando in his smuggler outfit since I have an extra POTJ Lando laying around. (hmmm, maybe I can make Han in Lando disguise... ) If we're lucky, maybe Hasbro will throw in a Cantina table to go along with Han.

Watch the Leia end up being the Bespin Gown version from the Leia 2-packs.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Rogue II
    I hope the C-3PO is the Millenium Minted Coin version and Leia is the CTC version. I passed on all of the Millenium Minted Coin figures, and never saw the Leia CTC in retail (and I'm not about to pay $20 for one).

If Han ends up being the Cantina CTC version, I may buy it just to customize Lando in his smuggler outfit since I have an extra POTJ Lando laying around. (hmmm, maybe I can make Han in Lando disguise... ) If we're lucky, maybe Hasbro will throw in a Cantina table to go along with Han.

Watch the Leia end up being the Bespin Gown version from the Leia 2-packs.
    Yes let's all hope and pray for the MMC C3P0. I too passed on buying him and I really don't want to have to buy him now. It would be nice to be able to finally get a decent sculpt of C3P0 with the silver leg for dioramas. I suspect that the Leia will be the Bespin gown Leia though...hopefully without the cloth goods.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"