Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So this is why he wanted us to buy Dell's...

'Dell Dude' Arrested for Marijuana in NY

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Actor Benjamin Curtis, the Dell Computer Corp. pitchman "Steven" who says on television, "Dude, yer gettin' a Dell," was arrested for possessing marijuana in New York, officials said on Monday.

Curtis, 22, was charged with criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor that carries a prison sentence of up to three months if he is convicted, a spokesman for the Manhattan district attorney's office said.

Curtis, who lives in New York and was arrested on Sunday night, was scheduled to appear in Manhattan Criminal Court later on Monday.

A spokesman for the Round Rock, Texas-based Dell said he was not familiar with the details and declined to speculate on future plans for the advertising campaign.

"We're following the situation closely and working with our ad agency to understand what's transpired here," spokesman Venancio Figueroa said. The ad agency is DDB of Chicago.

Dell, the No. 2 personal computer company, makes most of its money selling to businesses and schools. It began the TV and print commercials featuring the wise-cracking "Steven" three years ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...h_dell_dude_dc

Ben Curtis, can you say, "Dude, I'm going to jail."?
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 02-10-2003 at 04:34 PM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Best headline I've seen for this story today:

Dude, you're gettin' a Cell!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

A few minutes after I posted that story I read that the judge told him the charges will most likely be dropped. It was fun to dream the jail thoughts while it lasted.

Talking Dell Dude Got arrested!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...ell-dude_x.htm

found this and thought i'd share a laugh with everybody here. He got on my nerves after a while, so i hope he gets a long sentence, not jail time, maybe just "no more acting work for life." I dunno, we can hope. cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

look in the other forum......

OOps, hehehehhehe. I rarely look in the OTHER section. Maybe i should start, eh?!? cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"We are following the situation and really trying to understand what happened here," Venancio Figueroa said.
    What happened was Dell didn't sell weed over the internet as a promotional exclusive - all I ever got were some free re-writable CD's.

However, my computer did come with a MOUSE!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

whats even funnier than that?? HES GOT A GATEWAY AT HOME!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Too Funny like they didn't know it was coming
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

In NYC most marijuana charges are dropped if it is a first offense. Some of my friends got arrested and had the charges dropped for that reason. Just some probation and that is it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten