Things that make you go hmm!
1. What are midichlorians & why were they not mentioned in the original trilogy?
2. What was the motivation for the Tusken Raiders to keep Shimi Skywalker alive for a month before she finally died during Anakin’s rescue attempt?
3. By the beginning of Episode IV, we know (or assume) that the only surviving Jedi are Obi-Wan and Yoda…Will we see the Jedi Younglings (the Bear Clan?) slaughtered as well?
4. How did the Sith reemerge after 1000 years of absence? Why did it take that long if the opportunity was there?
5. If Qui-Gon Jinn truly believed that Anakin was destine to bring balance to the force, then why did Qui-Gon cheat when Watto rolled the chance cube? (If it was meant to be, then so be it…but why cheat? That is not Jedi-like in my opinion)
6. In what other ways had Qui-Gon Jinn defied the Jedi Council in the past?
7. Why do some deceased Jedi appear as ghosts, while most do not? (This one has been covered many times…but it still makes me say “hum!”)
8. Was the asteroid belt around Geonosis possibly the result of tests on a preliminary version of the Death Star’s primary weapon? (the asteroids being pieces of what was once a moon)
9. Why don’t the Jedi create a DNA archive for cloning purposes…just in case something drastic was to happen?
10. Why, of all Gungans, was Jar Jar Binks selected as a Senator (they knew he was a klutz…that is why he was banished from the “hidden city” to begin with)?
11. Why is Mace Windu’s light saber purple? (I know that Samuel L. Jackson said he specifically requested purple…but please give me a break…George Lucas is very specific about what elements he wants in his story line…the purple saber blade must have some significance…what could it be?)