View Poll Results: Are you a Completist?

Voters
586. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have to buy at least one of every figure Hasbro produces, even variations.

72 12.29%
  • Yes, I want to get 1 version of any new figure, even resculpts, but not the variations.

251 42.83%
  • Yes, but I complete a collection of only specific types, such as Classic Star Wars.

50 8.53%
  • No, I now buy only what I really like but I'm mad, as I used to like being a completist.

121 20.65%
  • No, I never had to have everything, I just get what I really like.

92 15.70%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Are you a Completist?

With likely over 500 figures in our Star Wars collection now, the issue of what participating in this hobby means to a lot of people has had to have gone through some re-evaluation.

Please read the response choices closely, and then let's discuss what each of our own levels of participation stands at today.

some pointers on the responses:

1) Yes, I have to buy at least one of every figure Hasbro produces, even variations

This may or may not mean you also get Deluxe figures, pack-in figures, or special army builder packs, Screen Scenes, etc. YOU TELL US! It does mean that you buy every single-carded figure and any variations.

2) Yes, I want to get 1 version of any new figure, even resculpts, but not the variations.

This may or may not mean you also get Deluxe figures, pack-in figures, or special army builder packs, Screen Scenes, etc. YOU TELL US! It does mean that you don't care if you have all 12 variations on the 1996 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight figure. That's not important to you.

3) Yes, but I complete a collection of only specific types, such as Classic Star Wars.

This means that you define some kind of category of figures, maybe just only figures from AOTC, or maybe just Jedi and Sith. YOU TELL US.

4) No, I now buy only what I really like but I'm mad, as I used to like being a completist.

How much of a completist were you? Variations? Just some sort of category that you fell back from? YOU TELL US.

5) No, I never had to have everything, I just get what I really like.

This means that you never worried about getting everything. Maybe you buy for dioramas or you "don't do resculpts." YOU TELL US.

With a Sketchtrooper on its way, a strong Prequel movie continuing to make it marketable to roll out a lot of AOTC figures, and army builder packs and Screen Scenes adding to the variations out there, let's see what everyone has to say.
    Last edited by Tycho; 01-19-2003 at 10:46 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yes, but I complete a collection of only specific types, such as Classic Star Wars

Guilty as charged.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Yes, one of each new and unique figure plus extra "army builder" figures where applicable.

Nope !

I used to be from about 1995-99 but since then I've been selective in what I buy.

I used to be a completist, then Hasbro released the SAGA line.

Just to clarify, I only collect the 3 3/4 inch line.
    Last edited by sith_killer_99; 01-20-2003 at 11:48 AM.
    May the force be with you.

I try to get 2 of every 3-3/4" figure, and I don't really care about card changes, variants, or errors.

New Head Sculpts - Yea, I try to get 1 of the new head sculpts.

Delux - Depends on if they are cool looking.

Ships - Usually try to get all the ships, but I've passed up one or two.

Playsets - Hit and miss. I passed on all of the Ep I playsets and stuff like the Hoth playset or the Swing to freedom playset, but I got the battle arena.

EU ships - Depends, but I passed on the airspeeder, swoop, etc.
    I got all the EU carded figs, including all the Shadows figures.

12" - I only have 5 total, and I only buy the big stuff if its cool or they do a char. I like. But 95% of the time I pass on the 12" line.

I'm pretty selective, but I do try to get all the released 3-3/4" and 1 of each ship.

The other problem now, is I'm quickly running out of room for all this stuff, and when I update my spread sheet, I'm amazed at the count and the 9,000 I've sunk into this hobby.

I just like to buy figures I like. I want to build an army; not including Jedi, more like aliens and lots of ships. I'm a ship person. Right now THE GUNGANS run the show in my room.

I used to be a completist, until AOTC came out. Since then, well, I just have a lot of trouble buying MOST of the prequel figures.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Well... I guess I used to be a completist up until Hasbro released the Episode I Deluxe figures. Same thing happened with EII so I guess I'm a completist of carded and exclusive (be it Fan Club, vehicle pack-ins or other) figures.

With a current stock of 673 figures you can guess I also like to set up small battalions for shelf dioramas.
    Hard to see, the dark side is.

Oh... I don't care about the 12" or Unleashed or whatever. Just ths 3-3/4" lines.
    Hard to see, the dark side is.