Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Fixing

Price Fixing

Well, in case you haven't heard the news.....Hasbro is under investigation in the UK for price fixing!

A bit unusual for a company that is "devoted to the fans."

If this turns out to be true I will have to SERIOUSLY reconsider continuing my Star Wars collecting!!!

Which would leave more money for me to work on my vintage collection.

Why Hasbro, why?

Oh yeah, because you are a bunch of greedy, rotten, no good...

Good luck with the investigation.

On the up-side, maybe a buch of big wigs over at Hasbro will lose their jobs! Long live the New Republic!!!

May the force be with you.

I knew they was doin' something. Why do you think they make all of those resculpts? For fun?

Wow, could this lead to Lucasfilm pulling the liscense from them? I kind of hope so, ever since Ep1 I've disagreed with the way they've handled the Star Wars line.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

didnt notice they were under investigation for what price fixing?
    and I agree for ep1 they were waaaaaay too many resculpts

I don't condone price fixing, but price fixing by Hasbro is not necessarily tantamount to price fixing on Star Wars. I doubt that it would effect that license one way or the other. Though we don't care much about it, there is more to Hasbro than Star Wars. Though I would ask Sith Killer if he would stop shopping at Toys R Us based on the fact that the Federal Trade Comission slammed them pretty hard for strong arming toy companies to get better prices and prefered shipping (neither of which it appears made it to the store level) over other retailers. However, I suspect that SK is in the UK, and I don't know if they have TRU's there.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Hasbro was successfully charged and found guilty of market manipulation here in California along with co-defendant Toys R Us.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Book 'em, Danno.......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

JediCole beat me to the TRU point--they were found to be "discouraging" toy marketers from selling to wholesale chains, right? And yet they're still going strong.

. . . Until the backlash from their lousy new store layout hits! MWAHAHAHAHA!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You're right, EC, that new layout is confusing as hell. I always get lost while trying to go from the action figure section to the Lego section and end up finding myself in the Barbie section.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I especially like the ever-shrinking Star Wars section.

Seriously, have you thought of how much it must have cost TRU to remodel every single store at the same time? I think soon they'll be the latest business to blame their bad planning on the recession and aftermath of September 11.
    Tommy, close your eyes.