Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

There aren't "Lessers" they are Geonosians

Poggle "The Lesser" is a title showing humility at the very least. As someone or something (the people?) are 'the greater.' I'm guessing.

On Geonosis, the red rocky planet where the final battle happens, they make the Battle Droids, and the winged creatures, crosses between some features of Sebulba, mostly Watto, with a skeletal structure like the battle droids, ARE the Geonosians.

So there aren't "Lessers," guys.

Except if you see the movie at matinee times, then it will be "lesser."

"Oh, gees. I'm so funny. I crack myself up!" - Goose

The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I didn't realize Rick McCallum had access to Tycho's forum password.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No on no.
    The lessers are lessers just like the british are British even though we may come from the four different countries that make up the British isles.
    The planet is Geonosis so they are Geonosians. But they are from a part of that planet and probably have a name for that region and have a unique name for their species - 'Lesser'. ergo they are Geonosian lessers. As opposed to being Tatooine lessers or Coruscant lessers etc.
    If sebulba is described as spider like by LFL then these must surely be wasp-like with their wings and hive mentality. Aggresive and malicious too, much like wasps. Or maybe it's ants? As they make the battle droids in their own image is there a nod towards images of soldier ants here? images of row upon row of battle droids in lines like soldier ants going off to war......
    Would this make Poggle the lesser the 'Queen' figure? If he is the head of the lessers or at least the representative then he surely fits the bill in that respect.
    But if the battle droids are made in the image of the Lessers from Geonosis, doesn't that beg the question who are the droidekas the image of? The episode one visual dictionary says that they are collicoid in design after the creatures who made them. So what species looks like a droideka? And what of these new superdroids? who are they the image of? I can't see any Geonosians looking like this somehow. Or is this another grey area to be fudged over by LFL when they realise they've changed the backstory to suit again?
    Last edited by Jargo; 11-14-2001 at 02:44 PM.

Very interesting Emperor Jargo.

The Collicoids are actually shown in the comic adaptation to "Jedi Quest" - the story of Anakin Skywalker's trials to make his lightsaber and deal with another harsh slavery situation on a mission that takes him and Obi-Wan to Nar Shadda.

They 'could' resemble droidekas with a very large stretch of the imagination. But yeah, you could go that route.

The comic is good for THIS particular part of the art, but the artist can't draw Anakin or Obi-Wan to save their life!

Read Jude "Jedi Apprentice" Watson's young readers' novel instead. The same story done 2 ways, as it's very important.

You will look at Hayden's Anakin with more awe when you watch Episode 2, once you've learned more about his battles dealing with slavery (both inside and out).

You'll be amazed to know that 'Darth Vader' - when he was a Jedi Knight - was thrown back into a dangerous slavery situation related to the Kessel spice trade.

This was a tangent to the topic of the post, but I wanted to let you know the (less worthy) comic adaptation of the book does show what Collicoids look like.

Thank you Emperor Jargo. You brought up some good points (and could be right).

By the way: nit-picking British Star Wars fans who know more than me are just called ANNOYING ; )

Dang! You could have me proved good and wrong there big Jargo!

Either way, Geonosis just became more interesting (I'm a big Kamino fan when it comes to new planets! That looks cool!)

Lessers are both Lessers and Geonosians just like I'm both a human and an earthling. Lesser is what they are and Geonosis(sp?) is where they are from.

does anyone know what geoneosins look like.
    give me a pic.
    the kit

delve a little further into this episode two section and you will find pictures within threads. i seem to recall posting an image a while back. And if it wasn't me then someone surely has posted one.

Try an excellent picture library at alderaanonline.com. They're sure to have plenty of pictures from the trailers and loads of pics from all the other movies. believe me you won't be disappointed.

Hey kit! Have you seen the trailer, yet? The creepy little alien dude tying Anakin up at the end of the "Mystery" trailer that looks kind of like Sebulba. That's a Geoneosisianmrplgriphleschtick....guy.