Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Episode 2 goes for the Oscars!

Yoda's gonna kick Spiderman's butt! Who's the greatest action hero of the summer now, Web-head?

Who's the spinner? That's right daddy-o!

You don't need no freakin swords and sissy rings when you have a lightsaber! If you gotta kill every mother in the room, accept no substitutes!

Seriously, do you guys think this is a set up by some SW fan in the Academy Awards to bring back some of Star Wars' glory?

With the digital image capturing during filming and everything else that went right with "Clones," as well as its popularity over Phantom, it seems it can take fake swinging by webs over streetwalkers and a few morphing ickies that were nothing but cousins to Zam Wessel, Kaminoans, and Geonosians, not to mention the Acklay, Nexu, and Reek!

I can't wait to hear the Yavin Ceremony music ring loud and clear again! It will be just like 1978, 1981, 1984, all over again!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I agree with Caesar, LOTR is bound to win. Gollum is the best CGI I have ever seen, at times I couldn't even tell he was fake !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Agreed, while I would like to see Star Wars snag another oscar, it's not going to happen again. The academy has shown they don't like the fact that Lucas works outside the traditional system. He's the Qui-Gon Jinn of the movie industry.

Besides, if you look at most of the winners, the academy doesn't care if somthing is good or popular. The popular movies are the ones that usually never get recognized or win. The snooty academy considers popular movies junk. And that's why they will loose to pretentious artsy fartys crap most of the time.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-12-2003 at 03:53 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Gee Jar Jar... you mean pretentious, artsy fartsy, unpopular crap like LOTR:TT will win over the far more deserving Episode 2?
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

I just find it amusing how when LOTR:TT came out they (ie the critics) were saying it would walk the Oscars. Now 2 (ish) months down the line the nominations are nominated by Chicago and The Gangs of New York.

Its not that Hollywood is fickle or anything

Originally posted by 12inch Lando
    Gee Jar Jar... you mean pretentious, artsy fartsy, unpopular crap like LOTR:TT will win over the far more deserving Episode 2?
    It will likely take the oscar for special effects, as again the academy doesn't like to honor Lucas. But just like last year, it will get shafted on almost every other catagory.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-12-2003 at 02:56 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

TTT doesn't deserve to be in the best picture category, plain and simple. It took a slot away from better films like Adaptation, Road to Perdition, and Punch drunk love......

Hmmm... Punch Drunk Love is a queer one. I really liked the movie but it fits into my special "Pulp Fiction" category of movies. I.E. movies that I really like that are quirky or different enough that they don't hold universal appeal. I usually can't recommend these films to other people because there's always a good chance that they just won't get them or be patient enough to give them a chance for that matter. Almost any subtitled film is a lock for this designation. I guess alot of people just don't like to read anymore. Other films that spring to mind that fit into this special category for me are Amelie, Mulholland Drive, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, One Hour Photo, and Equilibrium.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

AOTC will not win, no SW prequel ever will.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram