Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sandcrawler

Sandcrawler

When is the New 3 3/4" Sandcrawler with Jawa and Droid coming out?
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

I don't think there is a set date. There was a rumor that it was cancelled, but now it is appearing on lists again. If you do a search for "Sandcrawler" in the Forums, you will probably find the thread.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Well, technically it was never announched. But most exclusives show up sometime in the Fall. Somtimes we'll get a early release. But the Sandcrawler could have been cancelled or delayed, we have no clue yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I am tracking this toy with great interest. The last tentative date I found on this was at THEPRIVATEUNIVERSE (ironically the same site that originally started the cancellation rumours . . . ) that it is now slated to come out in May of this year. (This was on their new "reliable" list of last week.

As exclusives are always so on time ---- like the shuttle ---- I'm hoping for a June or July release date. I am DYING for the toy.

Keey checking the forums here at Sir Steve --- If I find out any more info you can pretty much count on me to post it.

Do we know the scale or size? Will it be larger than the vintage Sandcrawler? The vintage was supposed to be 3 3/4" scale, but it is much smaller.
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

Originally posted by Greyfolk
    Do we know the scale or size? Will it be larger than the vintage Sandcrawler? The vintage was supposed to be 3 3/4" scale, but it is much smaller.
    It's going to be the same size as the vintage Sandcrawler. It's just a retooled and repainted vintage mold. Which is ok, because the vintage mold was pretty detailed. Here's a comparison picture.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&postid=181627

Remember, these are toys. If they Sandcrawler was actual size, it would be about the size of a Volkswagon and be pretty damn expensive. You can read about it in this thread. It has some good discussion.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=14877

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar if the sandcrawler was never announced or anything how would you know what it would look like?
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Because, sometimes prototypes pop up before a figure or vehicle actually gets announced. That's why Hasbro doesn't like sites showing prototypes, because things can happen betten the planning of a vehicle/figure and the announce/release of them. That's just how things work.

In this case, someone managed to get a hold of a painted prototype for the Exclusive Sandcrawler and get a picture or two of it. That doesn't mean it's ever going to be released, but it's pretty likely. Though since it's not officially announced, it can always be cancelled, delayed, or indefinatly put on hold.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Is there a guesstimation on price for this?
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

If I paid close on $130 for the shuttle, it doesn't matter how much this toy would cost. I'm still going to buy it. It is the vehicle I've been voting on in polls since before we had B-wings and TIE bombers!
    Starcruiser... crash!