Thread: Strange request

Strange request

In my haste to finish my collection, I "BUY IT NOW"'d the following auction.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:EOAB:UK:6

But BC didn't read the description properly and look at the photos close enough and it seems that the boxes have been opened and the figures and vehicles are loose (i.e. not secured to the internal packaging).

As I am a non-opener, I want to keep the items in their box and the figures in the correct postion (especially the Classic Duel).

So this is a request to you openers out their - do any of you have any plastic coated wire ties for AFs and the mini-figures spare??

If you can help me out, I would be most grateful.

Cheers

BC3

BC3 - I can definitely help you out on the wire ties. Tell me how many vehicle-sized, and figure-sized you need. It's the postage for the darn things that chaps my a55 to think about!!

Are you SURE you can't locate this type of wire tie material in your area, and cut it to length?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Hey SWAF

Many, many thanks.

Postage shouldn't be too much - I can either Paypal you or send a few dollars in the post (LMK which you prefer).

I have 5 vehicles (so thats 10 longer lengths of wire) and 10 figures (so thats 10 small lengths of wire) (have no ideas where to locate the said wire from over here).

If you can help me out with this, drop me an email and I will sort out your postage costs.

james.hobson@virgin.net

Cheers

BC3

BC3, I'll get the ties sorted out and sent to you. On more careful thought, I think you're right that the postage should be hardly any different than a regular letter, so I don't want any reimbursement for it. I just hope an envelope full of wires doesn't cause any suspicion, what with all the terrorism fears going on lately. In the event it does, I'm letting you explain this all to the "powers that be."

PM or e-mail me your mailing address, and we'll be all set.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Hey SWAF

MAny thanks - I'll email you my address.

Should be OK security wise - just don't put any clock parts in or anything that ticks !!

Cheers

BC3

if you need more of the plastic ties, let me know, i got tons and tons!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Thanks GSJ,

but I think Swaffy has sorted me out.

Cheers

BC3

Hey SWAF

The wires arrived today.

Many thanks - I am in your debt.

BC3

Wow! That was fast! As you could see, the postage wouldn't buy much in the way of beer - well... maybe in Budapest!

Very happy to be of assistance.

...and congrats on your nuptials!

In the words (paraphrased) of Luca Brasi, "BC3, I am honored and grateful to have contributed to your action fleet's needs [pause] on the day of your wedding announcement[pause]. And I hope that your first child is a masculine child."
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}