Imperial Shuttle Questions

So is this thing really limited to 5,000, or was that changed? I have trouble believing it's that limited based on what Lucas told Hasbro a few years back. Remember the late 90's shortages? Lucas wasn't too pleased as were we. So anyone know for sure what the actual production numbers are for this ship? I'm having trouble justifying the purchase right now as money's been tight, and it's SO huge, but if it's one of those "you snooze you lose" scenarios, maybe I'd better stock up on ramens for a while and sell the couch.

And I've read it's not just an FAO exclusive anymore. So what's the cheapest price you've seen it?

And now the biggest question--will I be able to get this thing in my car if I pick it up at the store?

The 5,000 number was bull that Hasbro was somewhat upset with FAO for continuing to use. FAO cheesed Hasbro off quite a bit with their early pre-orders and questionable tactics on the stuff they told people.

The cheapest I've heard of the Shuttle being, was $100 at Disney themepark stores. But FederationToys.com has them for $130, and he's supposedly including 2 free figures with it. I've not seen it any cheaper then that, that I can recall.

Doh, just checked and he's sold out. So is Yestertoys. And I don't recall any other places that had them in stock for a decent price. Sorry about that, hope you can locate one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JarJarBinks, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, I kind of figured that. Do you know if because of that, Hasbro shorted FAO's orders? I called yesterday, and they only got about 100 in, and those were all spoken for. Any chance more are coming? Or is it only online options (or driving to Disney) left to me? Thanks.

The Once Upon a Toy store at Pleasure Island in Orlando, Fl squashed that rumor. They are not carrying it.

I just paid for my at the Orlando FAO and their doesn't seem to be a massive wait for them.

As for numbers, I can't help you there.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!