Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video Games and Candy. Do they Mix?

Darkened Skye

Do Skittles and videogames mix? This latest GameCube title dares to ask such questions.

The Facts:

Play as heroine Skye as she realizes her destiny to collect magical Skittles
    Do not eat the Skittles; instead, use them to save the world
    Fight through five different worlds, each with multiple areas
    Real-time action mixed with fantasy adventure elements
    Wield powerful magic
    Solve ancient mysteries
    Save the world
    Requires six Memory Card blocks
    For one player only

Gameplay
    As the game's instruction manual is prone to remind you, all good adventure games require a few basic elements: a hero longing to find her place in the world, a gratuitous source of evil to provide the conflict, and a bag of Skittles. Darkened Skye has them all.
    In her homeland of Lynlora, gamers play as Skye: a simple girl whose fate will soon be intertwined with the sugary treats. In Skye's world, a "Great Rainbow" once adorned the heavens -- think back to your favorite "Taste the Rainbow" television commercials of the '90s, and this will make perfect sense. The Rainbow once bore artifacts known by the commoners as "Skittles," but has since been stolen by the gratuitously evil Lord Necroth. You'll never really learn why exactly these Skittles are so important to your world, nor why Necroth feels the need to steal them, but it is not Skye's place to question her calling. Once she accidentally stumbles upon the first orange Skittle, she's compelled to save the world by collecting the rest of the flavors and other related mystical artifacts in her quest to restore the Rainbow.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Every day I become more and more ashamed of my GameCube.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Cool, a game based on my favorite candy? I may have to actually buy this one. Is it Wild Berry Skittles, or just plain? I hope it's not those crappy Sour ones. Wild Berry would make this a must buy. If it's plain, I may just rent it. Do you get a coupen for a free bag of Skittles when you buy the game? I must know more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hmmm........

It COULD be a good game, the premise just loses most people.

The McDonalds game on Genesis was actually very good, it just was a MCDonalds game, and who wants to play that.

Also, Cool Spot was a great platform game.

And don't forget the classic Yo Noid!

But nothing will ever top the amazing Captain Novaline!!!!
    I had the privelage/misfortune of playing that game at a store i worked at. It was truly great in its awfulness. It was a SNES game designed to teach kids about diabetes. i wish I had bought it when I had the chance.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

What about Kool-Aid man on Atari 2600. That was Da bomb Yo!

=MATT=

Lets not forget about "Chase the Chuckwagon".
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Those commercials were gold.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

The Mcdonalds game was called Global Gladiators and most people didn't know it was a Mcdonalds game. It wasn't really on the box. It was actually pretty darn good.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

7-Up's Spot game is a ton of fun, my copy is missing so I haven't played it in a while.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The 7-up game wasn't bad. You know, Burgertime is a game that, if released in this day and age would get a liscense. Jack in the Boxs Burgertime!
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?