Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jorg is here

Hybrid View

Jorg is here

Just to let you know the Entertainer now has details of the Jorg giveaway. To be honest it kinda sucks.
    It's a bundle rather than a spend so much thing.
    Basically you buy the gunship, the crappy arena playset and obi-wan's lightsaber and get the Jorg figure with it.
    How much is this you ask?
    Why 100 of our shiny British pounds.
    Yup, 100.

Don't think I'll bother since I have the lightsaber, don't particularly want the playset and will be able to get the gunship for less than 40 soon enough.

Personally a spend so much would have been my preference, then I could choose what I buy to get it.
    What do the rest of you think?

I agree. Especially with the Shuttle starting to hit the shelves.

Got a Sacul already, but even if I didn't I wouldn't be prepared to buy this package to get one, as I've already got a Gunship and don't particularly want the rest.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

I think it's a bit iffy. I think it'd be fair to spend a certain amount to get one but not that much, e.g. already got the gunship and don't want the arena, don't want the saber. No point in going for this even if i wanted sacul which i don't. Toyshop/entertainer says they'll become the nations favourite shopping destination once more in 2003 but with deals like that i highly doubt it. i can think of a certain london based retailer who already has that moniker. At least, as far as i'm concerned.

I found the Bundle listed on their website and even though I already have a Jorge Sacul I am going to buy the bundle and sell the stuff I dont want (Arena Playset/Lightsaber) on ebay, im sure I will get my money back.

Well, I am weak (as I've said many a time on this forum) and just ordered my bundle.

I really wanted the Arena, and I'm quite happy to get a second Gunship. The lightsabre is a nice curio (not big on them myslef) but Jorg is the problem...

I'm an opener - through and through. I really want to open him!!!! And I know it's insanity - especially I won't get him again (not without buying TWO bundles). I still have misgivings over the fact that I opened my Silver Artoo, my R2 B1 ..etc.

What do I do???

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Well, I bought my Jorg loose, but if he'd started off on a card he wouldn't have stayed there very long!

I did keep my "Midnight Madness" Toy Fair Vader on its card, as its colour-scheme doesn't fit in with the rest of the loose figures.

A silver-and-blue R2 unit doesn't seem that incongruous, though - so I opened the 25th Anniversary astromech, too.

If you are a collector you wont dare open it or a silver r2, I actually got my silver r2 signed by kenny baker so along with my Jango Fett with Background Insert which is signed by Jango Fett himself, my jorge is the best in my collection, but I am going to order one just to see if he has different back card because I cant think they will be giving away ones that advertise the fair in the US

Gibbspaulus dont do it..... leave him in his home, put it in a starcase and put on display, this may be the last time EVER that he will be available
    Lewis1977

But I don't CARE about that!! I just want toys! If I am paying over the odds for a toy then I want to play with it!!!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Quite!
    I think there IS a case for keeping signed bits of merchandise in their original sealed wrappers - but then, speaking personally, I wouldn't bother going out of my way to get them signed in the first place!
    (I did see an impressive-looking 12" Dooku signed by Christopher Lee recently, though...)

I doubt that Jorg will be re-packaged - I suspect they're just shifting some left-overs from the original limited release.