Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Iron Man: The Movie

Very little info in the way of this movie right now, but it's never to early to start a discussion thread on it. Here's the only real news we have so far, a report from Variety.
    New Line, Marvel Pumping 'Iron' for 2005
    Thu Feb 13,12:54 AM ET

By Dana Harris and Michael Fleming

HOLLYWOOD (Variety)
    - "Iron Man" has become the next Marvel character to land on Hollywood's live-action production slate.

New Line Cinema, which has worked with Marvel on the successful "Blade" franchise, hopes to turn "Iron Man" into a tentpole for its 2005 slate. The studio acquired the property in 2000, but has started from scratch with scribes Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, creators of the WB's top-rated "Smallville" and writers of current hit film "Shanghai Knights" and its predecessor, "Shanghai Noon."

"Iron Man," which first appeared as a Marvel comic in 1962, is the story of Tony Stark, inventor and owner of Stark Enterprises. His work in corporate espionage and international terrorism leads to an accident that forces him to go on life support in the form of a high-tech bodysuit. This also gives him an alternate identity, Iron Man, a being capable of a heroism Tony Stark could not achieve.

The latest Marvel property to become an action picture is "Daredevil," which 20th Century Fox releases Friday. Other Marvel characters that have been treated to feature adaptations include Fox's "X-Men" and its sequel, "X2," which is set for a May release. Likewise, Universal will release "The Hulk" in June.

Marvel also is prepping adaptations of "Fantastic Four" at Fox, "Man-Thing" and "The Punisher" at Artisan Entertainment and "Ghost Rider" at Dimension Films.
    Tom Cruise was intrested in one point in playing Tony Stark. And in an interview with the Chicago Sun Times, Avi Arad seems to be very intrested in Tom Cruise playing the part.

Avi Arad: "Tom Cruise. I would love to have him for 'Iron Man.' If he wanted it, he could definitely be my Tony Stark."

Apperantly Cruise's production company "Cruise-Wagner Productions" even had Iron Man optioned at one point, and were setting it up at Paramount. But he decided to do "Mission Impossible" instead.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ilm_ironman_dc
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/enter...redevil09.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-14-2003 at 02:30 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    "Iron Man. Iron Man.
    Does whatever an iron can.
    Flattens sleeves.
    Squishes ants.
    Put the creases in your pants.
    Look out! Here comes the Iron Man"

I'd only like to see Mr. Mapother play Tony if he's willing to kick it in for the sequels.

And what the hell is up with Marvel slinging their franchises out to every studio in existence? Do they realize what this does for possible crossover films?

Will we ever see Hugh Jackman beat up Eric Bana's alter ego?

Will Tobey and Ben team up to smack Mike Duncan around?

Will David Hasslehoff ever cameo, anywhere? (Ahhhhh....how quickly we forget Nick Fury.)

The short answer is no.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Tom Cruise as Iron Man? Boy what a joke!! thats all we need is a really short super hero. Wait, he could be Tim Drake, aka robin from the cartoon series. Now, that he MIGHT pull off.
    Tom Cruise as IRON MAN...... HaHAhahahahahaha, thats about as funny as Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin. It just doesn't work for me.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

Yeah, I'd like to see Cruise as Iron Man. Awesome!

Well-- Batman was played by Michael Keaton- who is only about 5'8" or so.

Clue me in, when was David Hasselhof Nick Fury? Am I forgetting something?

I agree that this collection of Movie Studios that Marval has sold to doesn't fair well for cross overs. Seems to me at that there where probally selling to the highest bidder and glad to do it. If Iron Man was sold in 2000 then when where more popular characters like Spidy and X Men sold. Way befor the super hero buzz was about Hollywood.

Chances are the studios that paid fat cash for Spidy and X men didn't want to risk more money on lessor knows like Daredevil and Iron Man.

I'd love to see an all out Super Hero movie. With every good guy and bad guy in the land. But that's what the comics are for. No one could afford to pay for all that talent anyway. Perhaps someday we'll get a kickn' cartoon of such an epic super hero battle.

Besides I think it's be real stange to see DD swaping one liners with Spidy. Tobe and Been just don't seem as though they'd get a long.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Iron Man sounds good. But Tom Cruise? They can do beter than that. What villian would he fight?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

He played Fury on the made for tv movie. I believe Fox aired the movie, icatch9.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    "Iron Man. Iron Man.
    Does whatever an iron can.
    Flattens sleeves.
    Squishes ants.
    Put the creases in your pants.
    Look out! Here comes the Iron Man"
    Heh heh, that was really good.

Will David Hasslehoff ever cameo, anywhere? (Ahhhhh....how quickly we forget Nick Fury.)
    God I hope not, I try and try to forget that abomination, but my eyes still have the horror of Fox's TV movie of "Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." etched into them. Never before have I rooted for a super virus to win the day. That film redefined "garbage".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And what the hell is up with Marvel slinging their franchises out to every studio in existence? Do they realize what this does for possible crossover films?
    i think two studios could get together and work something out. they could share the costs of making the film, and then one would get domestic ticket sales, one would get foreign ticket sales. this was done with titanic.