Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bad news for possible new Trek micros

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=1&t=001436

Might I suggest that we ALL register our disapproval.

BC3

Don't see the big deal over the minimates, they look like legal Kubricks, which aren't very interesting in the first place.

LEGO all the way for the blocky figures!

If they had made micromachines, that's actually something I would've collected like I do the Star Wars line, cause right now I haven't gotten a single thing from Art Asylum's Trek lines cause just haven't been interested in the 7" figures, not too mention it's hard enough collecting Star Wars stuff. Nice job AA, you definitely lost one customer.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

one day, someone is gonna wake up to the fact that even after all these years, the st mm's still command a premium price.

i used to think it was due to their scarcity, but it always seems that someone at any given hour of the day is hawking what's supposed to be hard to find items (collectors set III for example), at skyhigh prices, and there's always someone (or a crowd) lining up to bid higher than the next to get it.

i guess no one in the toy biz see's the clarity in this one
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Wink bc3: i skipped the disapproval & went straight to adaptation

i.e., aa go byebye

According to our friends at Hasbro, the micro-fad is over. The mass market (IE - retailers) won't support micro-scaled vehicles. This is not only true for Star Wars, it's true for ANY property, licensed or not. Even G.I. Joe is having trouble in the category and that's a freebie brand for Hasbro.

Personally, I don't think bigger is better. But apparently there are a lot more who do. Until things change, don't hold your breath for ANY micro-vehicles.

Well if that is what both Hasbro and Art Aslyum thinks of a micro line, they can both kiss my A**. Heck they can pick which check they'd like. I'm done. I hope both companies go under
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

oh well

it would truely be a shame if micro sci fi scale toys were never produced again. i've got plenty to keep me happy for quite some time. it just a shame that i might not experience the thrill of tracking down a new mm sized vehicle.

i really do miss the hunt, it was a lot of fun, and was always rewarded by a deep feeling of satisfaction once the bag was made.

if the powers that be of today's toy companies don't see the viability in producing these great toys, it really is a shame.

i'm just trying to figure out how, they can be so blind to the constant demand that has shown itself for quite a few years on ebay, yet officially tell us that no one wants these

not quite sure what to make of that, but cest la vie. i'm happy with what i got, and baby.......that's a lot!:happy:
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

-----
    Last edited by Jangu Fett; 02-18-2003 at 08:58 PM.

Don't see how that'd help here, it's a SW petition aimed at Hasbro.

Anyway, this is a shame, AA had a good concept to use here and is throwing it away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Right. Sorry about that. MisterPL said Hasbro thinks the Micro fad is over, and I kind of paniced.