Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Exclamation Help!

Which kind of paint do you reccomend? I already tried Testors Enamel! ARG too sticky!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I use the testors acrylic. You can get this paint at any Wal-Mart or any hobbie stores.You may want to get some Testos dull coat spray to cover your paint job after if the figure is handle allot to protect the paint.So far I haven't had any problems with the paint being stickie.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

As always, I recommend to use Tamiya's acrylic paint. Dunno its easily available at your side but it sure is great to use and what more, got tons of shades of colors.
    The logo is a 2 star in a blue and red box. Its Japanese.

Unhappy Help again.......

I am trying to make an A'Sharad Hett figure by using Naboo Qui-Gon and Tusken Raider (POTJ) I got the heads out and the arms out, but I can't get them back in! Arg! I stabbed myself twice with the screwdriver while trying to push them in. Then later, I spilled the paint thinner all over the table......bad day. So, now I smell like paint thinner and so does the whole house......anyways...how do you get the arms back in? I tried making a V cut in the pegs, didn't work. Help me out!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

They can be a real pain in *****. I was working on one the other day and had hard time with the legs.The only thing I can tell you is to have some boiled water with you ,so you can soften the pegs up and they will be easier to get back in.It still takes allot of effort to get them to go back in,and sometimes depending on the figures you are using may take some real modifing to make it work. Don't give up. I know sometimes you want to open the door and throw the whole thing out,but it is really cool to sit back after all the pain and look at the new figure you have made knowing that its your creation that sitting there
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Maybe you would like to make a chamfer around the pegs of the arm, with your hobby knife, so that it produces a guide for you to exert your force to slot it back in. Try using turning meanwhile forcing may just do the trick.
    Boiling is another options but the pegs might be soft and would bulge when you exert force.

Hope that helps.

Thumbs down

I hate when those days happen. Eventually, if it gets that bad, I just start super glueing everything together. I try not to, but it does happen.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Question no softies?

So you don't want them soft when you put them back in? Is that right? I use my figs, play with them (HUSH!) so I want them to be kinda useable, without having them too loose, is that possible? Thanks you guys!
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

To clear up what I was saying.I don't boil the pegs as long as I would to get them out,only enough to soften some.This makes it easier to get them back in,and turning them does help but make sure that they aren't to soft or they will break off.If they look like they are bending too much just stop let them cool for a second and try again.It works for me but there are other ways like what others are telling you.You might also check out some of the custom sites like FFURG[ffurg.com] they have some good info and step by step instructions.

Boil boil toil and trouble...

I've done the boiling thing quite a bit and it works like a charm.

As for paint I use Ceramcoat. (you can get this at your local Wal*Mart or if you have a Michaels craft store near you you can go there). They are cheap and adhere to the figs. Just dilute with water to paint things like flesh so you don't have paint lines.