Page 107 of 181 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1804
    Big Jack, AC/DC
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Last two days of classroom set-up, with the following CDs:
    Bests of... Pat Benatar, INXS, Staind, Hall & Oates.
    SW: ANH Special Edition
    AM's Jagged Little Pill
    VR's Contraband
    "That's what Sheev said."

What Comes Around, Beastie Boys
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Bests of... Pat Benatar, INXS, Staind, Hall & Oates.
    As long as that Staind album says "best of" and never makes a claim to be "greatest hits," I'll allow it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Was ripping some Quiet Riot to the computer, which made me look up Slade (the band who originally did "Cum on Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Krazee Now").

My McDonald's Beard, I had no idea that Quiet Riot did total carbon copies of both songs.

This got me to browsing Amazon's MP3s to listen to some other 70s bands I'm not especially familiar with. Badfinger seemed especially interesting--basically, every song you always want to say is Wings, but you know isn't, these guys most likely did.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    As long as that Staind album says "best of" and never makes a claim to be "greatest hits," I'll allow it.
    Why is that? They've had several hits.

Looking on iTunes, I see they have one called The Singles Collection, so it is neither called the best of nor greatest hits.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This got me to browsing Amazon's MP3s to listen to some other 70s bands I'm not especially familiar with. Badfinger seemed especially interesting--basically, every song you always want to say is Wings, but you know isn't, these guys most likely did.
    I don't know if I ever confused them with Wings. Beatles maybe, particularly on "Come and Get It", but the vocals never reminded me of Paul.

I just looked them up on iTunes, and the songs I remember are only available as re-recordings. Then I remembered that they were one of the first bands on Apple Records, so that is probably why iTunes does not have them. They have a lot of the solo Beatles stuff now, but still no Beatles.

All those CDs have different names. Staind's proper title should assuage your fears: 1996-2006: The Singles, while Hall and That Other Guy's was an Essentials, Pat B's is a Greatest Hits, and INXS is The Best of.

I think I mix them up with Wings because some songs sound like the Beatles, but I know they're not the Beatles.

Staind had several singles. But were they hits? I only ever heard one of them ("It's Been Awhile," which I never much cared for, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks) on the radio.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If you listened to indy rock stations (103.9 The X would be local 'round here), these would be their "hits" then:
    "Mudshovel"
    "Outside" (I much prefer the studio version to the Family Values live one with Fred Bizquick)
    "So Far Away" (which also got less "edgy" radio play)
    "Far Away"
    "Right Here"
    "Come Again"
    There's also an accoustic version of Tool's "Sober" on the CD that's pretty cool.

But as they say with jokes, if you have to go into too much detail, it's not as well known as it should be.