Page 19 of 180 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Re: What are you listening to? (merged)

Isis - Remix & Reinterpretations
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

i have just discovered Isis. i have their panopticon album and its fantastic. so monumentally heavy and so beautifully fragile. both at the same time.

i would like to recommend a new, young english group called Bloc Party. they are pretty good and they have just released their debut album Silent Alarm.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

evenflow, if you (or anyone else) likes Isis and other similar music you should try and get hold of Jesu's self-titled debut cd - Jesu is Justin Broadrick (Napalm Death/Godflesh) and Ted Parsons (Swans/Prong) and it is an excellent release. And I have just discovered that Justin Broadrick has remixed Isis in the past.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

lately it's been mostly these:
    neutral milk hotel - "in the aeroplane over the sea"
    the arcade fire - "funeral"
    neko case - "the tigers have spoken"

i'm looking forward to the new sleater-kinney too.

I haven't bought any music since 2000. I became a downloadaholic and never converted back to actuallly paying for music. So I listen to the X in richmond.
    I quit collecting in 2002 because of school (student loans), I started back in 05. I'm down about 120 figures. I'm missing stuff from POTJ, SAGA, Gold Bar, OTC, Post-OTC
    Would someone shoot me please.
    Darth Pharmacist

Since the Bloodhound Gang FINALLY gave a release date for there new album ("Heavy Fine", in stores September 13!) I've been listening to nothing but them.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Me too!

Other than that, it's been the same stuff I've been listening to forever.

I think I've only bought 3 or 4 cds in the last year.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

This past week I've been listening to Keane's "Hopes and Fears" album and the first release off of Coldplay's upcoming album X&Y titled "Speed of Sound," a brilliant song BTW and I can't wait until the albums release this summer.

The first release off the upcoming Gorillaz album titled "Feel Good Inc" has been getting quite a few spins on my iPod as well. The video is great too, just like all of the Gorillaz' videos, if you haven't seen it check it out.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/virg...siteid=fansite
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: ďYour said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now donít take this the wrong way but I think youíve been holding out on us.Ē

Joker: ďI donít keep count. Iím going to kill everyone in this room.Ē

i have not been able to stop listening to with teeth since its release. another masterpiece from mr reznor. can't wait to see nin live (again) on july 5th

Yeah it is a great album. I picked it up last week when I got the ROTS soundtrack and I've been listening to both of them ever since.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: ďYour said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now donít take this the wrong way but I think youíve been holding out on us.Ē

Joker: ďI donít keep count. Iím going to kill everyone in this room.Ē