Page 25 of 180 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran
    oh yeah, the eraser is out! so THAT's what i forgot to pick up both yesterday and today. how do you like it so far?
    I'm really enjoying it. It definitely sounds like Radiohead, especially "Kid A" as Guyute mentioned. I don't think the vocals are as distorted as they are on most RH albums though. Its definitely worth picking up and is a nice album to hold you over until the new RH album next year.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Right now: my Pearl Jam show from Cincinnati, June 24th, 2006. Opened with 'Long Road' and closed with 'Baba o' Riley.' Fantastic. I love how Pearl Jam records and releases their own shows. Saves fans like me a huge hassle tracking down a quality boot.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've been listening a lot to an old album by Rare Earth called Ma. I picked it up from the cheap rack at WM for $5.88, and it has to be the funkiest rock album ever recorded. Definitely an overlooked classic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I'm really enjoying it. It definitely sounds like Radiohead, especially "Kid A" as Guyute mentioned. I don't think the vocals are as distorted as they are on most RH albums though. Its definitely worth picking up and is a nice album to hold you over until the new RH album next year.
    i just saw them play 2 weeks ago and that album can't come out soon enough!

from what i've read, the intent on "the eraser" was to not submerge thom's vocals in so much reverb like on the vast majority of RH songs. i definitely will pick it up.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Cool

Right now listening to Death is just the beginning 4 various artists. -

__________________________________________________ ____________

M.T.F.B.W.Y.

i'm finally listening to "The Eraser"! it took me long enough and you'd think that someone that posts at radiohead boards would've bought it the day it came out

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Currently in my rotation:
    • The Eraser - Thom Yorke
    • Black Holes and Revelations - Muse
    • Under the Iron Sea - Keane
    Nice to see us Brits are still good at something!

i went to the Flaming Lips concert yesterday

right now i'm alternating between 2 songs "the hand that feeds" and "everyday is exactly the same" both by NIN. actually, i was trying to work out an acoustic gtr. version of Hand that Feeds and seeing how it's not really going to work, i'm going back to the electric

I've been listening to James Blunt, his album Back to Bedlam. I just found out about this guy last night and I really dig his music. Its a pretty good album.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I first saw James Blunt a couple of years ago supporting Lloyd Cole & the Commotions on their 20th Anniversary tour... most people stayed in the bar, and missed him! Within a few months, he was the biggest selling artist in Britain, and poor old Lloydy is still in relative obscurity.