Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    I have been inspired by Master Sounds 98.3 to get into rare groove. It's great.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

MY CD-ROM IS PLAYING SINERGY "TO HELL AND BACK".

A few other CDs that I've been listening to lately.

• A Lively Mind - Paul Oakenfold
    • Eyes Open - Snow Patrol
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

The Grays: "Ro Sham Bo" These guys were amazing! Late nineties Alternative evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran
    sufjan stevens' "the avalanche"
    Great CD. Not as strong as "Come on & feel the Illinoise!" for obvious reasons, but still, a great collection.

As for myself, i'm listening to Bruce Springsteen, "The Peter Seeger Sessions." Some good ole' timey bluegrass with a dash of rock and country. Fantastic stuff.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Great CD. Not as strong as "Come on & feel the Illinoise!" for obvious reasons, but still, a great collection.
    yep JMG, not as strong but still great nonetheless. i've listened to "adlai stevenson" so many times that i was eventually forced to do some wikipedia research on him.

I've got pandora.com going at work, still trying to get it to learn my tastes. I'm not sure the algorithm is quite as smart as advertised. I started my chill out station with female vocals over a trip hop background and it really isn't figuring it out.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I've got pandora.com going at work, still trying to get it to learn my tastes. I'm not sure the algorithm is quite as smart as advertised. I started my chill out station with female vocals over a trip hop background and it really isn't figuring it out.
    Yeah, I've had similar problems. I have discovered a few interesting artists or tunes I hadn't heard before. I started one station with Pink Floyd's "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun", hoping to get something spacey like that. I think the first song it played was "Green-Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf. It then played some version of "Season of the Witch". I kind of got it back on track as it started playing more instrumental tunes by groups like Mogwai.

The nice thing though, is that you can give a song a thumbs down and it will stop that song and move onto the next one. I think if you thumbs down the same artist twice, it will ban that artist from the station. It's been a while since I messed with it. My computer is old and about out of memory, so it kind of messes things to have Pandora running for very long.

Listening to the following:

"Little Miss Sunshine" soundtrack- Great score with Michael Dynna and Devotchka!

New Pete Yorn, "Nightcrawler" CD- Good to know folks who let me borrow advance copies. Fantastic disc and it's getting a purchase on Tuesday. I love it and i'm so giggly he put "Undercover" on it as that's my fave B-side.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"