Page 27 of 181 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    New Pete Yorn, "Nightcrawler" CD- Good to know folks who let me borrow advance copies. Fantastic disc and it's getting a purchase on Tuesday. I love it and i'm so giggly he put "Undercover" on it as that's my fave B-side.
    WHEN?!?

I'm sure you'll know exactly what I mean. (And I guess I can deal with "Undercover" on yet another CD, though if he were to dig through b-sides, I'd prefer "Suspicious Minds.")
    Tommy, close your eyes.

reviving this thread!

Listening to William Elliot Whitmore's new disc, "Song of the Blackbird." another solid disc from this guy. It's some of the best stuff i've ever heard and his voice is so incredible. One of my buddies had him on his TV show up in WI and got me hooked on him. Very bluegrass and "old timey." Check him out at: www.southern.com or if you wanna head to the site for his new record and check out an mp3 of "The chariot" do that. http://www.southern.com/southern/band/WILEW/28130.php

Fantastic stuff.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've been listening to Disturbed lately mostly because of Shout 2000 and Land of Confusion. Both are great songs and make me drive fast.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I got a new iMac, so I can finally access the iTunes store. I went nuts the first week and purchased 40 songs. Mainly, I wanted to get enough to try burning a CD. This was what I put on it:

1. Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
    2. The Soundtrack of Our Lives - Sister Surround
    3. Interpol - Obstacle 1
    4. The Raveonettes - Attack of the Ghost Riders
    5. Caesars - Jerk it Out
    6. Howie Day - Brace Yourself
    7. Kill Hannah - Kennedy
    8. OutKast - Hey Ya!
    9. The Shins - Turn a Square
    10. The Start - The 1234
    11. The Strokes - Reptilia
    12. Air - Cherry Blossom Girl
    13. At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissor
    14. Incubus - Megalomaniac
    15. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It
    16. The Mooney Suzuki - Alive & Amplified
    17. VHS or Beta - Night On Fire
    18. The Walkmen - The Rat
    19. Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
    20. Kasabian - Club Foot
    21. Louis XIV - Finding Out True Love Is Blind

Those songs were some of my favorites that I have heard on the Music Choice alternative channel on Comcast Cable TV.

Here are the other 19 songs I got:

After The Fire - Der Kommissar
    Air - Sexy Boy
    Buffalo Springfield - Rock 'n Roll Woman
    The Church - Under the Milky Way
    Elefant - Lolita
    Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
    Ivy - Edge of the Ocean
    James Asher - Earth Song
    Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
    Jonatha Brooke & The Story - No Better
    You Know You're Right - Nirvana
    Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up
    The Posies - Suddenly Mary
    The Rolling Stones - Play With Fire
    Sarah McLachlan - Drawn to the Rhythm
    Sarah McLachlan - Into the Fire
    Sarah McLachlan - Shelter
    Sloan - Money City Maniacs
    Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

I am still mostly listening to the Grays: "Ro Sham Bo" (their hit was "Very Best Years") I can't believe I missed these guys in 94. A friend of mine turned me on to them. They only had one album. This is the best "alternative" CD I have ever heard. Very few bands of that era have the vocal and instrument talent of these guys. And no one recently except for maybe Queens of the Stone Age. Every song is great. With former Jellyfish member Jason Falkner and Jon Brion who now writes film scores (Magnolia, I heart Huckabees etc.) To catagorize it I would say it's psychadelic Beatles influenced alternative with a more modern sound. Now I have been trying out CD's from these guys solo carreers. I must say Jason Falkner's work is outstanding on his own. Jason Falkner: "Can You Still Feel" is one I'm very glad I bought. You can hear how heavily he infunced the Grays sound. Got "Author Unknown" on the way.

Frank Black came to Bellingham on Sunday night. I believe this was just a solo acoustic tour, as he plans to tour with a full band later this year. I bought my ticket ten days before the show. Monday morning I'm at work and realize I forgot to go. Actually, I'm sort of glad I didn't go. I got to bed before 11pm for the first time in a while. I needed that. Also, I'm not as familiar with his newer stuff, and tend not to like it as much, so I might not have enjoyed it as much. Still, I'm out $23, and he was right here in town and I missed it.

I picked up the soundtrack to The Last Kiss the other day, but haven't listened to it yet.
    Garden State's soundtrack is one of my top 10 albums of all time, so I have high hopes for this one.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack
    Rockabye baby - lullaby renditions of radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I picked up the soundtrack to The Last Kiss the other day, but haven't listened to it yet.
    Garden State's soundtrack is one of my top 10 albums of all time, so I have high hopes for this one.
    "The Last Kiss" soundtrack is another solid outing. Lots of good stuff and I loooooooove that Snow Patrol song.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"