Page 34 of 181 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    A few years ago, I heard a song while walking through the mall. It was a song from the late 70's I guessed and I had heard it before, but I didn't know who it was, and I didn't know any lyrics to help me find it. I had looked through my Billboard book of Top 40 hits with no luck. I had not heard it on the 70's channel on Music Choice either. One day a couple weeks ago, I stumble across it on iTunes on a list of songs from 1977. The song was "Isn't It Time" by The Babys, a group that had John Waite as the singer. This was one of 40 songs I got from iTunes a week after my last bunch of songs. Here are the rest.

PJ Harvey - "Bows & Arrows", "The Falling" and "The Phone Song" all B-Sides to "The Letter" single.

Sleater-Kinney - "By the Time You're Twenty Five" and "Tapping" from the "Get Up" single.

A few miscellaneous tunes

Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul
    Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
    Giorgio Moroder - Chase
    Queens of the Stone Age - Go with the Flow
    Sam Roberts - Brother Down
    Scandal - Beat of a Heart

A bunch of songs that I enjoyed from the Music Choice Alternative channel

AFI - Miss Murder
    Beck - E-Pro
    Beck - Heaven Hammer (Missing)
    Butthole Surfers - Pepper
    Depeche Mode - Precious
    Editors - Munich
    Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
    Hard-FI - Cash Machine
    Incubus - Drive
    Interpol - C'mere
    Interpol - Slow Hands
    Living Things - Bom Bom Bom
    Living Things - Bombs Below
    Matisyahu - King Without a Crown
    Muse - Time Is Running Out
    Muse - Hysteria
    My Chemical Romance - The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You
    Orgy - Blue Monday
    Rock Kills Kid - Paralyzed
    She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart
    Shout Out Louds - The Comeback
    Sonic Youth - Bull in the Heather
    The Stills - Still in Love Song
    The Strokes - Heart in a Cage
    The Strokes - Juicebox
    311 - Amber
    The Zutons - Pressure Point

On top of that, I also got three CDs.

Frank Black - Fast Man Raider Man
    Kingsbury Manx - self-titled
    Laura Veirs - Year of Meteors

I was a good distance runner in high school and college, and my Dad had a boat called "Raider", so maybe that Frank Black album is about me and my Dad!

I had heard the Kingsbury Manx song "New Old Friend Blues" back in 2002 while listening to Indie Pop Rocks on somafm.com.

I heard the Laura Veirs song "Galaxies" on the college station one day earlier this year.

i'm listening to Sufjan Stevens' "songs for christmas"

Last night I was going through my CDs and put in some Queen. Is there a more depressing song by a rock band than "The Show Must Go On"?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I was just thinking of pulling out my Queen CDS. The song isn't so bad in itself but knowing what Freddie was dealing with changes the tone.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

these days i've been too busy loading songs into the electronic music box device to listen to anything but i've taken time out to listen to some of the new wilco songs that are floating out there in mp3 land.

the Star Wars Christmas Album: A Christmas in the Stars.

The horror. I'd rather get beaten with a beer bottle, laced with acid and then forced to mate with a porcupine then endure this disc. So, awful....so bad it's almost good, sorta thing.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post

On top of that, I also got three CDs.

Frank Black - Fast Man Raider Man
    Kingsbury Manx - self-titled
    Laura Veirs - Year of Meteors

I heard the Laura Veirs song "Galaxies" on the college station one day earlier this year.
    how is that Laura Veirs album? i liked the tracks she did on the last Decemberists album (which admittedly wasn't very good)

My music splurge continues. BMG had a buy 1 get 4 free, then I also ordered four more through Amazon.

Wolfmother - self-titled. This one rocks. It's kind of like Jack White trying to sing like Robert Plant with Black Sabbath riffs and the occasional Styx-like keyboards (as in "Blue Collar Man", not "Babe").

Chicago - The Very Best Of: Only The Beginning - Mostly interested in the 70's stuff, so most of disc 2 doesn't interest me.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell
    The Von Bondies - Pawn Shoppe Heart
    We Are Scientists - With Love and Squalor
    Metric - Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?
    The Sounds - Dying To Say This To You

The Boomtown Rats - The Fine Art of Surfacing - This was an album my brother had. Listened to it a lot back in the early 80's. Great album.

Angel City - Face to Face - Another album my brother had. This band from Australia was known as the Angels, but had to go by Angel City when they first came to America. They were discovered by AC/DC and toured with them. I'd consider them to be lighter and more upbeat than AC/DC, but they still rocked. When I first looked this up online a few years ago, I discovered it was a combination of a couple Australian releases, so it differed from the original Face to Face release. It didn't seem this version was available. Checked on it recently on allmusic.com and it only showed this version. Found it available on Amazon so I got it. Not a bad track on it.

Now I'll have to stop buying music for a while so I have enough to get Star Wars figures.