Page 35 of 179 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    how is that Laura Veirs album? i liked the tracks she did on the last Decemberists album (which admittedly wasn't very good)
    After hearing "Galaxies", I checked some samples online and the rest of the album wasn't quite like that song, so at first it didn't interest me enough to buy. Then I checked it out again later and it was sounding better. I've not listened enough to know all the songs very well, but I'm sampling them again as I write this. Overall, it's pretty good. It's mellower than most of what I listen to, so it's something I can put on if I want something a bit more relaxing.

If you have iTunes, you can check out samples there. Allmusic.com has Windows Media samples. Her website also has four tracks from the album that you can listen to, and a video for "Galaxies". http://www.lauraveirs.com/laura/view.html. There are links there for videos to two other songs, but they aren't working for me.

i listened to myself mangle up Band of Horses' "Funeral" on gtr. it's really easy to play but i'm sure i don't do it as well as they do.

A Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas album... I'm not really sure of the name I think its something like "A Rockin' Christmas."

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    A Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas album... I'm not really sure of the name I think its something like "A Rockin' Christmas."
    Looks like he has two Christmas albums. One is called Boogie Woogie Christmas, the other one is called Dig That Crazy Christmas.

I've been going through iTunes trying to make my own CD of Christmas favorites, however, two of the songs I want aren't there. Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" and Billy Squier's "Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You". Of course, not much of anything by the Beatles or their solo stuff on there.

The disk is in my car so I'm not sure what the title is but I can tell you its a 1 disker and it has only Christmas songs on it. I also picked up the dvd Dig That Crazy Christmas.

Smashing Pumpkins- Zeitgeist....hehehehehe
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Tears for Fears "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending"
    I can't believe how good this album is. Curt Smith has rejoined Roland Orzabal as the original core members.
    Even though alot of, especially the early stuff in the eighties was good, these guys have matured.
    Still hearing a bit of Beatles influence which is a good thing. Not one bad cut on this one in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Yes, I'll have to pick that up this week as well. I've heard "Tarantula", and "Doomsday Clock" played at the end of the Transformers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I definately have to pick that one up tomorrow after work. I have been listening to alot of my SP cd's lately in anticipation for this one.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I definately have to pick that one up tomorrow after work. I have been listening to alot of my SP cd's lately in anticipation for this one.
    I put some $$ down on the special edition this morning with the 78 page bonus booklet. Tickets for their tour go on sale this weekend and i'm hoping to God I get a ticket for Columbus. I'm really enjoying the album, but I haven't had time just to lie down and absorb it yet. It's very raw with roaring guitars and distortion. Billy's vocals are still the same and Chamberlain's drumming is always incredible. I don't know how it stacks up against the other SP albums, but i'll soon figure it out.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"