Page 46 of 178 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Weird Al Yankovic, part of my 2 hour Weird Al playlist.
    You have a 2 hour Weird Al playlist?!?!

That's just not right.
    May the force be with you.

You know me, I've always got be different. Rather than listen to regular songs I'm listening to television theme songs. Right now I'm stuck on the 4 leaked theme song demos for the upcoming 17th season of Power Rangers (Power Rangers: RPM). Most times when you hear demos for a show theme song there always seems to be one or two that stand out as being crap. I'm hoping for demo 1 or 2 to be chosen this case, though I kind of like them all, which is odd.

They are kind of going for a Skynet/Terminator "Future Wars" type story this upcoming season (minus the time travel). I think the lyrics of all the demos do a nice job of portraying that fact.
    In the near future, the mysterious and sinister Venjix Computer Network decides man's fate in the blink of an eye. To esablish a new world order Venjix is attempting to conquer and lay ruin to the entire planet. Mankind has retreated into environmentally-shielded domed cities to protect against the pollution and machines unleashed by Venjix. In one of mankind's last refuges, the shining city of Corinth, an elite force of Rangers must learn to drive and operate an arsenal of radically advanced biotech vehicles in order to battle the attacking machine army bent on world domination and mankind's extinction.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Cavity Search - Weird Al Yankovic, part of my 2 hour Weird Al playlist. It's a parody of U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from Batman Forever, set to dentistry.
    A 2-hour list, a 2-hour list. (awesome) But that song? Whether starting to get rough, the tiny 'pod was lost? (really bad GI theme parody on my part)

Let's see, at about 5 minutes average per song (and that's probably longer), that's 12 songs an hour, times two. So, what 24 W.A.Y. songs (throwing out the 9+ minute great ones like "Stuck in the Drive Thru," "Biggest Ball of Twine in MN," or "Albuquerque" ) would be in my mp3 device?

"One More Minute"
    "Hardware Store"
    "BOB"
    "This is the Life"
    "I Lost on Jeopardy"
    one polka (perhaps "Alternative Polka" )
    "Nature Trail to Hell"
    "Christmas at Ground Zero"
    "Velvet Elvis"
    "Fun Zone"
    "When I Was Your Age"
    "The Saga Begins"
    "Yoda"
    "Germs"
    "A Complicated Song"
    "Why Does This Always Happen to Me?"
    "Cable TV"
    "It's All About the Pentiums"
    "Melanie"
    "Taco Grande"
    "Good Old Days"
    "Airline Amy"
    "(This Song's Just) Six Words Long"
    "I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead"
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Cavity Search - Weird Al Yankovic, part of my 2 hour Weird Al playlist. It's a parody of U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from Batman Forever, set to dentistry.
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post

That's just not right.
    No kidding. Two hours isn't enough Weird Al.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Flash Light - Parliament, part of my Funk playlist.

My Metal/Punk playlist just got 1:53 longer, with the addition of Christmas' additions: Metallica's Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice for All.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post

That's just not right.
    I know, it should be longer, but without "The Compleat Al" on DVD, I can't bring myself to buy more albums for some reason. I really should tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    A 2-hour list, a 2-hour list. (awesome) But that song? Whether starting to get rough, the tiny 'pod was lost? (really bad GI theme parody on my part)
    Yikes man! Gilligan is confused, and tripping over things as we speak.

Let's see, at about 5 minutes average per song (and that's probably longer), that's 12 songs an hour, times two. So, what 24 W.A.Y. songs (throwing out the 9+ minute great ones like "Stuck in the Drive Thru," "Biggest Ball of Twine in MN," or "Albuquerque" ) would be in my mp3 device?
    On mine, it's 34 songs, 3 albums: In 3D, Off the Deep End, and Bad Hair Day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Christmas additions I'm cycling through:

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971: I had this double tape back in the late 1980's and was added to a CD wish list I made as soon as I bought my first CD player. It only took 20 years to finally get this album and it still is great. I remember "Painted Black" being used in the Tour of Duty TV show which got me to buy the tape back then.

DeBussy - Piano Works: Known now for the piano piece played at the end of the Ocean's 11/12/13 movies. Great stuff if you like piano driven classical.

Yavin 4 - Otherworld Technologies: A project by an artist from an industrial band who's first album I really enjoy. That "band" (RE/Act) samplied a few things from Star Wars which I'm sure he didn't ask to do before hand. Given the title of this band and a number of the tracks it's safe to say he's a big fan of Star Wars.

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Soundtrack: NOT THE NEW MOVIE. Sorry. The soundtrack from the original 1950's movie which is one of my favorite sci-fi movies. Anything with a Theremin in it is right by me when it comes to sci-fi scores.

JT, happy to see someone getting some classic Metallica. ...and Justice for All is the album that got me interested in Metallica back in the 1980's. There isn't a bad track on either of the 2 albums you got there. Now, do you have Master of Puppets and Kill'em All yet?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Better Metal Snake, Dethklok (deluxe Dethalbum)

I actually had And Justice for All on tape back in the day, but ever since the Black album, it's been hard to separate Metallica from their more grammy-grubbing elements for me. I already have Master of Puppets, but Kill 'em All I've never owned because I own a few Megadeth albums and apparently it's illegal to put any album that connects Hetfield and Dave Mustane together, it's like joining matter and antimatter, it'll rip the time-space continuum apart.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

apparently it's illegal to put any album that connects Hetfield and Dave Mustane together, it's like joining matter and antimatter, it'll rip the time-space continuum apart.
    But it sure makes for some good music. I just listened to Kill 'em All yesterday. I love that album. It's really pretty low-fi, but still sounds great. I'm still listening to Death Magnetic, which is also wonderful. I've also been playing Jerry Cantrell's Boggy Depot. It's so close to being an Alice in Chains album it's sad, but still a good solid album.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I already have Master of Puppets, but Kill 'em All I've never owned because I own a few Megadeth albums and apparently it's illegal to put any album that connects Hetfield and Dave Mustane together, it's like joining matter and antimatter, it'll rip the time-space continuum apart.
    Careful because Mustaine is on Ride the Lightning with credits on 2 songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ride_the_Lightning

I jealous you have the Deluxe Dethklok. That was one of those albums I kept putting off from getting and the next thing I know it was no longer available and going for 3 times the price. Oh darn.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.