Page 73 of 181 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
    2 Minutes To Midnight - Iron Maiden
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

U2. All of U2 (or least as much as I own). I made a giant playlist of every album, single, and compilation I have. It's in chronological order of release with the live shows inserted in when they were recorded rather than released. It's more than 36 hours of music. All the good (The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby) , the bad (Pop) and the ugly (the Passengers album) from these guys.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

"One More Minute," among my favorite Weird Al songs, off his "new" Essential double CD... but now it's moved onto "Like a Surgeon," among my least faves.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Metallica's version of Remember Tomorrow from the Iron Maiden tribute album: Maiden Heaven.

Debbie Gibson's "Shake Your Love," because I'm too lazy to change the station.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Going to see Phish tonight for their tour opening in Detroit, so i'm listening to some Phish while working on my DL course syllabus/work for next semester. After the hail/tornado/thunderstorm infested show of theirs I saw in Indiana in june, i'm looking forward to this one.

I'd love to see U2 up in East Lansing, but I can't really do the ticket prices. Dammit!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Going to see Phish tonight for their tour opening in Detroit, so i'm listening to some Phish while working on my DL course syllabus/work for next semester. After the hail/tornado/thunderstorm infested show of theirs I saw in Indiana in june, i'm looking forward to this one.
    The only Phish tune in my library is "Character Zero." I recently came across some Youtube videos of them performing the entire Talking Heads Remain in Light album. Sounded okay, but on one version of "Crosseyed and Painless" he screwed up on the lyrics at the beginning.

As for the Talking Heads version of "Crosseyed and Painless" live, check out this performance from 1980. I sometimes have buffering issues on it though, so it might work best to pause and let it load a bit first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Going to see Phish tonight for their tour opening in Detroit...
    Very cool JMG, I saw Phish about 10-11 years ago and while I wasn't that familiar with their catalog I thought it was a good show.

sadly the sounds of my mother-in-law and wife fighting about making icing for cupcakes for a baby shower for my brother-in-law's future wife..... whew....

also trying to make a Music Playlist for the baby shower....joy rapture.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Rammstein - Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da.

My favorite Rammstein album to date. These guys rock. I've been a fan since 93 and they never disappoint.

Bon Jovi - The Circle

Always liked Bon Jovi. It never fails that when a new album is released I know that something is going to happen in my life that will test my character. The timing with the Circle is no different. Bon Jovi's music always encourages me. For that reason I'm always going to "Keep the Faith" with Jon, Richie, Tico, and David. But I've gotta be honest. I think the group peaked about three albums ago. So much of the Circle sounds derivative of songs in other Bon Jovi albums that it just seems like a half-assed effort. The exception is "When We Were Beautiful". Very melancholy, and Powerful. "Fast Cars" is the foil to When We Were Beautiful. A crap-fest worthy of Hanson. Maybe its by design and each song is meant to be a sequel of the top hits. I don't know. Their sound has changed substantially. They've become very Pop-Rock-ish. The guitarwork is reminescent of U2. I can hear a lot of Joshua Tree in it. Interesting evolution, but for their 25th anniversary I was expecting more.