Page 74 of 183 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Sweet - Fox On The Run.
    Excellent. Sweet had a lot of good tunes. I remember liking "Ballroom Blitz" when I was 5.

My recent acquisitions - Blow it out your @ss, it's Veruca Salt, and EP they released after their first album. I finally heard the tune "Shimmer Like a Girl" on a Youtube video of a live performance in Germany and thought the song rocked. The video is no longer available though.

I got three CD's by theSTART - Death Via Satellite EP, Initiation, and Ciao, Baby. So, I've been listening to those three a lot this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Excellent. Sweet had a lot of good tunes. I remember liking "Ballroom Blitz" when I was 5.
    I heard Ace Freely's version of "Fox on the Run", I knew it sounded familiar but I didn't know the artist, so I fired up the youtube machine and found it was Sweet. I like "Ballroom Blitz" but I think it goes on a bit long, my favorite song of theirs is "Little Willy."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    The only Phish tune in my library is "Character Zero." I recently came across some Youtube videos of them performing the entire Talking Heads Remain in Light album. Sounded okay, but on one version of "Crosseyed and Painless" he screwed up on the lyrics at the beginning.

As for the Talking Heads version of "Crosseyed and Painless" live, check out this performance from 1980. I sometimes have buffering issues on it though, so it might work best to pause and let it load a bit first.
    They actually played "Character Zero" during the encore if memory serves!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Very cool JMG, I saw Phish about 10-11 years ago and while I wasn't that familiar with their catalog I thought it was a good show.
    It was an excellent show!! VERY VERY high energy; Trey couldn't stop jumping around and they were smiling at how happy and energetic the crowd was. They played 24 tracks, 3 hr, 15 min show, roughly. I took some pics from my spot in the pit. http://www.flickr.com/photos/3412931...7622835381572/

Now i'm in my office listening to U2, really wanting to get tickets to their East Lansing show when they go onsale at 10 a.m. If i can get one of these elusive 55$ GA floor tickets, i'll go, but tickets go from 30-55-95-250. That's just crazy.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Now i'm in my office listening to U2, really wanting to get tickets to their East Lansing show when they go onsale at 10 a.m. If i can get one of these elusive 55$ GA floor tickets, i'll go, but tickets go from 30-55-95-250. That's just crazy.
    Best of luck on that one. I just got my Denver ticket in the mail Thursday. Totally stoked on that.

In terms of my music, currently I'm listening to a lot of Beach Boys. Which is very ironic because we have over a foot of snow on the ground here.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Best of luck on that one. I just got my Denver ticket in the mail Thursday. Totally stoked on that.

In terms of my music, currently I'm listening to a lot of Beach Boys. Which is very ironic because we have over a foot of snow on the ground here.
    No, it actually makes sense. "Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world." That's where the snow is, on top of the world.

I still think there should be a gangster rap surf band called the Beotch Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    I decided to pass; the GA tickets weren't a go and the cheapest tickets were behind the stage with the $55 being waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back and up in the rafters. Maybe next time, Bono!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano, on an all-holiday songs station (until Christmas, at least).
    "That's what Sheev said."

"Strut" by Sheena Easton, on a station doing hits from 1984 (that was TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO :geezer: ).
    "That's what Sheev said."