Page 87 of 179 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
    Pandora's Box, Aerosmith. From the titular box set. Best use of my 15-year-old self's earnings ever, even if dropping nearly $100 on a 3-CD set with a narrow box seemed insane at the time.

Followed by Helter Skelter, same everything.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Really? Find me a better radio station, and I'll gladly tune in. Besides... I love KCRW.
    I've always thought of it as local because I grew up with it. To me, it's just the little local college station, seems weird that anybody out of the LA area would listen. I looked it up, turns out it has several repeaters/translator stations and is very popular on the web. Weird!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The local college station here, KUGS, claims it was the second station in the U.S. to broadcast online. They stopped in 2002 until the whole royalty thing got sorted out, but they resumed again sometime after that.

Same Old Song and Dance, Aerosmith

So weird. When I'm playing this playlist, I have all sorts of AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and ZZ Top. But when I come to this thread lately while playing it, it's always Aerosmith playing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Touch Too Much, AC/DC (the real one, not the screaming bar hag version that we got stuck with after Bon Scott died as a result of drinking misadventures)

followed by

Honky Tonk Women, Rolling Stones. Oddly, I've never realized until right now that the song's title is a plural.

Deliver Us to Evil, Exodus

Now it's Baptized in Blood, Death.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Honky Tonk Women, Rolling Stones. Oddly, I've never realized until right now that the song's title is a plural.
    Were you listening to 93.1 Jack FM then, JT? I heard that song while driving right about that time.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Jack FM: Playing what we want... and we only want to play six songs in heavy rotation.

(Funny thing, in other metro areas, including San Diego and Palm Springs, their Jack stations play more variety than LA's.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sing a Simple Song, Sly & The Family Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Were you listening to 93.1 Jack FM then, JT? I heard that song while driving right about that time.
    Weird! No, I was listening to my Rock playlist on my PC, it has 4 Rolling Stones albums mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Jack FM: Playing what we want... and we only want to play six songs in heavy rotation.

(Funny thing, in other metro areas, including San Diego and Palm Springs, their Jack stations play more variety than LA's.)
    I found The Jack here to be pretty decent for a while for variety, but it depends on the time of day.