Page 88 of 180 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
    After making one too many cracks about Duff McKagen, I dug out 1993's Believe in Me. Man. I forgot how incoherent that man is, and how, every single time you think he's got a solid song, he throws in some nonsensical swearing and blabbers on about having a "bottle in my han'!!"

That could be the greatest solo album by a member of GNR... if only it were an instrumental album.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Night Train, James Brown!

Followed by (man, I can't believe how close to the ends of these songs get right when I post in this thread):

It's Too Funky In Here, James Brown!

JB's disco silliness always makes me smile, it's dopey as hell but he goes for it anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh no, Chuxter. I heard at least NINE heavily rotated songs on Jack. And they were:

"You Spin Me Round [Like a Record]" - Dead or Alive
    "Circle in the Sand" - Belinda Carlisle
    "Around the World" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    "Run Around Sue" - Dion
    "Round and Round" - RATT
    "Running In Circles" - The Churchills
    "Dizzy" - Goo Goo Dolls
    "Around the World" - Das Punk
    "Runaround" - Blues Traveler

'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Oh no, Chuxter. I heard at least NINE heavily rotated songs on Jack. And they were:

"You Spin Me Round [Like a Record]" - Dead or Alive
    "Circle in the Sand" - Belinda Carlisle
    "Around the World" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    "Run Around Sue" - Dion
    "Round and Round" - RATT
    "Running In Circles" - The Churchills
    "Dizzy" - Goo Goo Dolls
    "Around the World" - Das Punk
    "Runaround" - Blues Traveler

I detect a theme there. If it were my station, I'd be playing "Circles" by Soul Coughing, and "Runnin' Around" by the B-52's.

I seem to hear "Janie's Crying" far more than is healthy on Jack, and on other LA channels. I never thought before I moved here that I could get sick of Roth-era Van Halen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes, that tune DOES come up a whole lot on the Jack. There's another Roth-era VH tune they have overplay to be considered tiresome, but I can't remember what.

Playing on my computer right now: Electric Eye (with The Hellion intro mixed in), Judas Priest

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yes, that tune DOES come up a whole lot on the Jack. There's another Roth-era VH tune they have overplay to be considered tiresome, but I can't remember what.
    I hear their cover of "Oh Pretty Woman" on it quite often. Surprisingly, very little of their 1984-era stuff, though.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I hear their cover of "Oh Pretty Woman" on it quite often. Surprisingly, very little of their 1984-era stuff, though.
    That's the one, I'm pretty sure that's the song I was thinking of. I don't even understand how this is possible, they don't have a programming director most of the time, it's a computer bank.

Rubberband Man, The Spinners.

I picked up the Essential Daryl Hall and John Oates today, and it's current on :clap: "Private Eyes." Listen to :clapclap: every note.

I didn't know they originally did "Everytime You Go Away;" I think Paul Young's cover is better, sorry.