Page 12 of 181 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

What's in your CD player right now?

Taking a cue from the Adult Swim card, I want to know what everyones listening to. Right now I've got "Terrorist Threats", the new Westside Connection playing.

Jay-Z "The Black Album" $10 cds are great!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Puddle of Mudd- Life on display (I love almost every song on that album)
    Evanscence- Fallen ( pretty good album )

I listen to both of these in my car while on deliveries.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I've been rotating:
    Jay-Z "The Black Album"
    G-Unit "Beg For Mercy"
    Ludacis "Chicken N Beer"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    Right now I've got "Terrorist Threats", the new Westside Connection playing.
    I've been thinking about picking that one up. I'm feeling the "Gangsta Nation" track, and I have it on one of my mix cd's. How do you rate it?
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett07728
    I've been rotating:
    Jay-Z "The Black Album"
    G-Unit "Beg For Mercy"
    Ludacis "Chicken N Beer"

I've been thinking about picking that one up. I'm feeling the "Gangsta Nation" track, and I have it on one of my mix cd's. How do you rate it?
    If you're expecting anything like "Bow Down" you'll be dissappointed, but based on it's own merits it's pretty good.

Stone Temple Pilots: "No. 4"
    Probably one of their more underrated albumns, but STP quality non the less!!! They rock live! If only Weiland could layoff the heroin for about 10 minutes so they could stay together let alone tour or anything; they might someday be looked at as one of the greatest bands of our generation!

Coldplay: "A Rush of Blood to the Head"
    I'd say I've listened to this album straight through at least once a week since I bought it over a year ago. For whatever reason I just never seem to get tired of it.

BTW The 'Xir I completely agree that STP's "No. 4" is underrated but I'd have to say that the band in general is fairly underrated as well.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

True very true!

Shout it out brother, and put the word to the streets!

Speaking of underrated, I have Radiohead's 'Hail to the Thief' in right now, and I think it's the best albumn they've put out since OK Computer. Even die hard Radiohead fans are bashing this albumn and I have no I dea why! I think they don't think it's as "smart" as their previous efforts, whatever that means; but we Radiohead fans have been waiting for them to get back to rocking out, and I think this albumn is their progression back to straight forward rock. With great underlying tempos in songs like 'Go To Sleep', let loose rock tantrums in '2+2=5' and the futuristic Sabbath sounding 'Myxomatosis'. I don't think they'll ever get back to their punk days, but this albumn fits in nicely with The Bends and OK Computer, you kinda hear a culmination of all their previous works on this one albumn!!!
    Also like STP, I think Radiohead is an underrated band as well, they are this generations Pink Floyd. When we are all old and grubby and watching the sextology for the 1 millionth time, all the classic rock stations are gonna be playing, U2, Van Halen, Motely Crue, Bon Jovi, GNR, Poison, Metallica, Black Crowes, Nirvana, Peral Jam, Chris Cornell(related bands), Red Hot Chilli Peppers, STP, The Dave Matthews Band, probably Creed and Coldplay, maybe Nickleback, but Radiohead will definitly be in the mix, and looking at all the bands I just mentioned yeah they definitly will be looked at as this generations Pink Floyd. Coldplay is the only simialr band to Radiohead in the group, and we all know they were just cookie cutted out of Radioheads' success and image. I'm just trying to figure out who's gonna be this generations' Janis Joplin! Probably Sarah Mclachlan or Alanis Morrisette. I'm sure I've forgotten some bands that could be in that group, but I was sticking with the Big Boys that really fill stadium shows, or used to, so don't kill me if your favorite band isn't listed!
    Last edited by The 'Xir; 01-28-2004 at 01:01 PM.

Currently I've got in Miles Davis' B****'s Brew.

Just remember kids: "If peeing your pants is cool, just call me Miles Davis." That's probably where you've heard that name before.
    Tommy, close your eyes.